Classic Case identification

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Rocket4

Classic Case identification

Post by Rocket4 »

IMG_5014.JPG
My father recently passed away and left a large knife collection. I have been going through them and found one that I can't identify. It appears to be pre 1920 and is in excellent condition. I would appreciate any help with identification and with the value. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_5015.JPG
IMG_5016.JPG
IMG_5017.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5019.JPG
IMG_5020.JPG
ScoutKnives

Re: Classic Case identification

Post by ScoutKnives »

Hate to break it to you but the knife looks like a fake / counterfeit to me , master blade doesn't look right or the tang stamps and the center pin on the handles look bad as well .
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
Rocket4

Post by Rocket4 »

I believe it's authentic, the blade looks just like others I've seen. It does have a light coat of oil that gives it an unusual look on camera. The center pin does look odd but in 1905 to 1920 I would bet the manufacturing process was not perfect every time. I'm no expert though and you may be correct. I would love to know for sure.
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

The 2 secondary blades might be right but the master tang stamp looks cold struck to me like a modern stamp .
I'm sure the experts will chime in soon .
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

I cant find anything bout this knife that looks correct..
I will assess a grade of 46 of 100 on the HET story . .
hoping the other pieces of this collection
are more like the older Cases'
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Rocket 4 I am sorry to say that the knife is not a old Case knife. Probably not even Case. We have all
made mistakes along the way in collecting knives. I know I have made many.

Harold

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”