knife question

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
jr97

knife question

Post by jr97 »

I just bought this knife and wanted to know if it was a limited edition knife. The pattern number is 610096 and the knife was made in 2007.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
jr97
Attachments
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
Elvis

Re: knife question

Post by Elvis »

From what I've noticed, Case will usually have something on the packaging or paperwork saying if your knife was part of a run of 5,000 or less. On limited editions (other than their yearly LE's of 3.000) they'll have the knives engraved with a serial number. Since yours has neither, one would assume that it is a regular production knife and most likely only the factory would know how many were made. Still, that pocket-worn Autumn Bone makes for a beautiful knife.
jr97

Re: knife question

Post by jr97 »

I thought that it might be a limited edition knife but i guess not. Yes that pocket worn autumn bone is still a very nice knife. Thanks for the reply.
jr97

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”