Christmas 2009 Knife Giveaway - redrummd Stone Work

Enter our knife drawings here.
Gunsmoke47
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Christmas 2009 Knife Giveaway - redrummd Stone Work

Post by Gunsmoke47 »

Immediatly after posting the above post, and rereading it, I almost deleted it. Then I realized, in all honesty I meant every word. However, I do know this is the way things on this giveaway are set up and to you jlkitch, honestly, congratulations on a wonderful knife and I meant no ill will to you, my apologies. Smoke
Meigscl

Post by Meigscl »

I believe the knife giveaway is like it states "a giveaway". The rules do not say you have to make 20 posts a month to win. I look at this site all the time and I hardly ever post anything. I read it for information, I look to see what people are showing etc.... Half the time I do not log in when I do this. This site wants members to buy sell and ocassionally post something. Since you keep track of people's posting talley, add this one as a post for me in case I ever win and you decide to make a fun giveaway a case of "he never posts" whine.

Do you call the state lottery about people who buy one ticket and win if they do not buy tickets every other day?

I'm glad for anyone that wins a great knife.
Congrats Jlkitch! Not everyone has the opinion of Smoke and I hope he did not cause you any ill feeling.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

I come in here just about every day and often many times a day.

I didn't ever really feel like Gunsmoke. I figure if I could pick lotto numbers easy something like a knife would be easy.

I have a pretty long history of not winning anything. But HAVE been treated VERY VERY well by a few members (most recently coffecup!)

I still plug away at entering giveaways.
Looking for the magic penny!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

As an Administrator for AAPK and before that a Moderator, I spend a lot of time here every day, usually 4 to 6 hours. The position is voluntary; I do it because I feel AAPK has something to offer to the world of Knife Collectors.
It offers a friendly place where people can come to learn about the wonderful hobby of knife collecting.

AAPK is what it is, good or bad, because of the contributions of our members. I realize that a new collector may read far more than he/she posts. This is normal, but if the new collector does not ask a few questions, they are probably missing some important pieces of their education. It a new collector continues on and only reads, and never posts, they are never contributing to other collectors, and that is a shame.

The strength of AAPK is that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Together we can come up with a reasonable answer to most any question about knives, though I will readily admit that there no answers to some questions. Some details of knife lore are lost to history.

I commend Gunsmoke for his honesty and I understand where his feelings come from, whether I share them or not.

If you are a “reader only” I would personally encourage you to participate in the process, ask questions and if you know the answer to a question, speak up. I feel AAPK is the friendliest knife site on the web. Could we do better? Of course, there is always room for improvement.

AAPK is made up of its individual members. If you would like to see a better AAPK, make your own contributions in the form of posts. If you like it exactly as it is now, then set back and do nothing and watch while it goes down hill, because without the contributions of new members, AAPK will surely go down hill and die.

In nature any living thing is growing, or it is dying. In the world as we know living things this is true. I believe it is true of forums as well. Even if your contribution is no more than, “Hey, nice job on that knife,” it will be appreciated and it gives that person valuable feedback on his knife.

Please continue to read AAPK and please sign up for the knife giveaways. Just check in and give us your 2¢ now and again so we know we are on the right track!
It makes our jobs much easier. ::tu:: ::tu::

Thank you,
Dale
AAPK Administrator
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Amen and Amen!
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I wonder if pretty much everybody knows jkitch won except maybe himself...

Eh. On with life!
Gunsmoke47
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Gunsmoke47 »

Well Mr. Meigscl, I really am much too big an ole boy to whine about anything, so you obviously misconstrude my posts. I will now encourage you to reread my second post. I will also tell the Mods, and Admins, this is my last post on this topic as I realize now I should have gone ahead and deleted my first post. My apologies AAPK. Sometimes a man should just keep his mouth shut , I guess. Kelley Baker
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I still wonder if jkitch knows....
blademaker

Post by blademaker »

BEAUTIFUL knife, mike.....I wish we all could have won it!!! I love AAPK!!!

Craig
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Gunsomke,
I see your point but I am another read more post less person although I do read this MB every single day.

Orvet,
I am a new member who started off asking lots of dumb questions and thinking I was an avid knife collector only to realize that I am an amature at best. Im not even sure that I know what questions to ask half the time! I love the fact that you give away such great knives but I guess since im new I dont deserve to win one???

How ya been Just Plain Dave!?
The second mouse always get's the cheese..
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Buckeye there is NO SUCH THING as a DUMB question (except for the one not ask)IMHO.
That is how we learn and have learned since we were old enough to talk.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Are you sure I didn't win? :lol:

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Who ::shrug:: ?
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

buckeyefan wrote:Gunsomke,
I see your point but I am another read more post less person although I do read this MB every single day.

Orvet,
I am a new member who started off asking lots of dumb questions and thinking I was an avid knife collector only to realize that I am an amature at best. Im not even sure that I know what questions to ask half the time! I love the fact that you give away such great knives but I guess since im new I dont deserve to win one???
Buckeye-
Not at all!

I said:
orvet wrote: I commend Gunsmoke for his honesty and I understand where his feelings come from, whether I share them or not.
I intentionally did not state how I felt on the issue.
I was commending Kelly for his honesty and openness and I was encouraging those of our members who do not post to ask questions, to make posts and participate in the forums.

We have 4700 members of AAPK, yet we have a few hundred (maybe 300 or so) members who post here on a regular basis.
I was attempting to encourage the other 4000+ members to participate in the forums, to ask questions and share what they have learned about the fantastic hobby of knife collecting.

My apologies if my intent was not clear.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

buckeyefan wrote:
How ya been Just Plain Dave!?
Getting older and looking for work. How might I know you for you to ask?
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

I thought the drawing would be on the 31st :lol:
awesome knife! If i could pick lottery numbers good
i would not be working ::ds::
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I have not yet been able to get ahold of the winner :shock: . I've pm'd and emailed, but have not yet received a response.

If anyone knows this lucky fella/gal , please tell him/her to check in.

The longer I have this knife in my posession, the harder it's going to be to let go ::tear:: :mrgreen:

::hmm:: Wonder what happens if the winner never surfaces ::sneaky::
Bryan
islander

Post by islander »

Give them 30 days if nothing KEEP IT

Post by lenny357 »

I think you should keep it by default or send it to someone that is always willing to back you up....hmmmm ::hmm::
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

islander wrote:Give them 30 days if nothing KEEP IT
Don
::paranoid:: ::drool::
lenny357 wrote:I think you should keep it by default or send it to someone that is always willing to back you up....hmmmm ::hmm::
::paranoid:: :shock: :shock:

I couldn't do that. ::hmm:: Or could I? Na, I really couldn't.

I guess we'll give more time for now. Maybe the winner is on vacation or something ::shrug:: ...

Seriously, though... This knife is just sitting here on my desk... growing on me by the day! ::sneaky:: Something's got to give :lol:
Bryan
Jethro Bodine

Post by Jethro Bodine »

Never fear gentlemen, I have the perfect solution. If he doesn't surface to claim his prize, the next closest number in the drawing should win.....ideal solution! Seriously, why take so long to find a person for the knife. If he's not checkin in, its very likely he's a one post wonder or something. Make it easy on yourself Bryan, take my wonderful advice. I'd never steer you wrong, I promise.

:wink: :) :D :lol: :P ::ds::

Every picture tells a story, don't it

AAPK Rules!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

With all due respect to Mr. Bodine's suggestion :roll: I would submit that the little orphan go to a loving home where it can be treated with kindness and love. I am prepared to make room in my heart and my home for such a sweet little thing. Send it on Bryan knowing that it will never want for anything here with me.
No thanks necessary, just doing what I can to help.

Phil

::drool:: ::drool:: ......................... ::tounge:: ................................. ::ds::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
caddyman1973

Post by caddyman1973 »

I got an idea. If the winner cant be found, after an appropriate amount of time, put it up in the "Knife Forum Auctions" or auction it in off in the chat room. With proceeds going to AAPK, of course. Just a thought. Thank You for all the work you do for this great site Bryan, administrators and moderators. A+ ::tu:: ::tu::
You be tolerant....
You coexist....
I will do NEITHER!!!!
mumblypeg

Post by mumblypeg »

I bet Jethro has the next closest number..... ::sneaky::
Richard

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

I believe that Smoke makes a very valid point concerning knife giveaways won by members who input very little. It has been about 1 year since I signed up and this post makes a grand total of 17. I have purposely not entered any of the knife giveaways for this reason. Though I really wish I had entered the Christmas 2009 one, beautiful knife. I appreciate the points made by Dale (orvet) and have been trying to post more in recent months. I read a lot (every day) but log in very seldomly (until lately). Perhaps a system similar to BladeForums or IKC, where you have to log in to read posts might help out.
Truth is that with my paltry assemblage of knives and very large lack of knowledge, I am somewhat overawed by the depth of knowledge and collections put forward by other members who frequently post. That said, I am resolved to become a more active member this year.

Dan
Dan

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”