Sooooo my birthday's comin' up...

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Tsar Bomba

Sooooo my birthday's comin' up...

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Might be nice to support AAPK sellers and all of Bryan's hard work on our wonderful new store.

Just sayin'... 8)
toe.jpg
::paranoid:: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Sooooo my birthday's comin' up...

Post by carrmillus »

.....I've looked at that one, if I didn't have 2 of them already, I would be interested in it, but the price is awful high!!..... ::td:: .........
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Tony you might want to lower your expectations just a touch. ::woot:: ::uc::
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

::rotflol:: You know it big-H! I may just have to satisfy myself with that nice Queen short run toe posted to AAPK the other day. ::shrug::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Rough Rider makes a nice 4" Toenail pattern, for under $20. I'll chip in $1, if 19 more do the same we could buy you a birthday knife.
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

kootenay joe wrote:Rough Rider makes a nice 4" Toenail pattern, for under $20. I'll chip in $1, if 19 more do the same we could buy you a birthday knife.
kj
Me too, so make that 18 more.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

I'll chip in.
kootenay joe wrote:Rough Rider makes a nice 4" Toenail pattern, for under $20. I'll chip in $1, if 19 more do the same we could buy you a birthday knife.
kj
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Aww, thanks fellers! :lol:

I picked up the RR toe in my favorite of their handles, the smooth tobacco bone (pictured here and holding its own with one of my Appy Barlows). I will never figure out how they manage to build such solid and attractive knives at that price point.
Attachments
29239873703_cc51ec9964_b.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow, that is a good looking knife ! neat acorn shield, warm golden brown handles with flush pins(attention GEC) and threaded bolsters.
If you post your address we can each send you $1 so it becomes a gift, of sorts.
Happy Birthday TB.
kj
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Tsar Bomba wrote:I will never figure out how they manage to build such solid and attractive knives at that price point.
It has to be government subsidies.
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Stakeknife

Post by Stakeknife »

Tsar Bomba wrote:Aww, thanks fellers! :lol:

I picked up the RR toe in my favorite of their handles, the smooth tobacco bone (pictured here and holding its own with one of my Appy Barlows). I will never figure out how they manage to build such solid and attractive knives at that price point.

If you look closely at the knife you will see tiny rust specs. Those are caused by the tears of the children that make them.
NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject. Our forefathers knew this to be true..... Why do so many of us question their wisdom?
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Stakeknife wrote:If you look closely at the knife you will see tiny rust specs. Those are caused by the tears of the children that make them.
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

That explains why they only use stainless steel. ::nod::

Stuff like that is why I don't necessarily mind paying 10x more for a GEC. It's the cutlery equivalent to avoiding "conflict diamonds"...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think RR's are made by laser guided robots & CNC machining. That's how they get such tight tolerances and always sharp blades. And way more knives per hour can be made than by humans and cost to run is low. That's why they are so cheap.
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

kootenay joe wrote:I think RR's are made by laser guided robots & CNC machining. That's how they get such tight tolerances and always sharp blades. And way more knives per hour can be made than by humans and cost to run is low. That's why they are so cheap.
kj
Just about every place I go that would have knives for sale there are rough riders, even places that are more on the antique side. They seem to sell like hot cakes.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”