Flying to knife shows ????

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jmh58

Flying to knife shows ????

Post by jmh58 »

For yinz flying.. What do ya do with the knives ya buy?? Do ya ship them back or put them in your suit case?? And if ya put them in your suit case, are ya worried about theft?? Thanks.. John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Flying to knife shows ????

Post by bestgear »

I would NEVER would put them in my suitcase and check that bag with an airline - I've seen too much behind the scenes action at airports. I usually arrange with one of the dealers that I know or make a purchase from to have them shipped in insured. I come prepared with a pre-labeled box to help make it a bit easier for them. just my $0.02.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

John I agree with what Tom said, I don't recommend that anyone put any valuable knives in their checked luggage when flying. I'm reluctant to even put a good EDC knife in my checked bags and usually take something I can live without in case it grows legs in the baggage handling area.
I have mailed knives home for some of my AAPK brothers who flew to the Blade Show in years past and when I go to the OKCA Show in Oregon in April I'll make arrangements with someone to ship my purchases home to me or mail them to myself from there since I'm going to hang out a few days after the show.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thank You Tom and Phil.. ::handshake:: That's kinda what I thought!! John :D

Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

John,

I agree with Tom & Phil. I only have driven to knife shows myself....Bladeshow is an 11-12 hour drive, but I never know what I will be bringing home....lol

One year I brought back about 6-7 Schrade Display cases that I wouldn't have been able to ship. Another year I bought a large standing cabinet and three glass top cases. Again, I wouldn't have been able to ship them

I have also shipped knives for friends that flew in as well.

Tom
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

A few years ago I flew to the Oregon knife show with a dealer friend and he checked a suitcase of knives that you could barely lift.Probably had close to 200 :knives in it.What he didn't sell he brought back the same way.I put what I bought in his suitcase to bring back and didn't have any problems.He said he had always did it that way and never had any issues.I don't know if I would recommend it.
Roger
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thanks you Tom and Rodger for the info.. ::handshake:: John :D

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”