New member/collector

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
PawnstarWv

New member/collector

Post by PawnstarWv »

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Just want to say i really enjoy the site, everyone i have spoke with has been very friendly and I appreciate that. So I really havent been collecting very long, around 5 years, and I only collect bulldogs. I have had a fascination with the Bulldog Brand of knives since I first seen one about 12 years ago. I was dating a girl, and her dad was really into knives and he showed me a fighting bulldog and I thought it was great. I have always grown up with boxer dogs and I have had one since I was 5 years old so I guess that is what kind of made me drawn to the bulldogs. Anyway, I was telling my dad about those knives and he asked an old family friend to look for one and he finally found one and my dad gave me my very first bulldog knife. That was around 12 years ago or so. At the time I was a full blown heroin addict, so it didnt take long before I no longer had my very first bulldog knife. My dad knew what I had done and it hurt him. So fast foward until 3-29-2012, ever since then I have been on the hunt for any bulldog i can get my hands on. 3-29-12 is my sober date, almost 5 years clean and I have a very bad addiction to Bulldog knives....lol... So thats my story and why the Bulldogs mean so much to me... Thanks everyone, Matt

**** Don't judge me by my past, that guy died a few years ago ****
***** Don't judge me by who I used to be, that man is not who I am now *****
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: New member/collector

Post by bestgear »

::welcome:: Matt - glad you found us and welcome aboard. In my opinion, it's good to have a focus with your collection as the hunt becomes as important as the purchase. I don't know much about Bulldog's (knives or canines) but I'm sure there are many here that do. Thanks for sharing your story with us and congratulations on being almost 5 years sober, I'm sure starting over isn't easy. You may want to checkout the AAPK store (http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/aap ... stores.php) where there are about 18 Bulldog knives currently up for sale. Peace
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Matt! Welcome ! Glad to have you!

If the rest of us told our stories like you just did.....well.....I'm sure no one here will be judging you by your past!

Continued success in your knife collecting pursuit! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Matt ::welcome:: to AAPK. I think it's not uncommon While in your youth to veer off the path. I had a couple of those detours as well. By the time I got to 31Years old and a baby girl on the way I saw the light.From that point on I'm a different person and life is so much easier when you depart that shady side.
I don't know much about Bulldogs (canine or knife) but it's great to have you here. There will be some folks that come along here that will tell you everything you need to know and more about Bulldogs. The guys here in this community, I think you will find, are some of the most helpful and knowledgeable people around. You will make many friends here. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Matt, welcome aboard, it's good to have ya with us. And praise the Lord for the turn around in your life. Accumulating pocket knives is fun! But hanging out with the guys here is even better. We're glad to have you.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
PawnstarWv

Post by PawnstarWv »

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the welcome...
***** Don't judge me by who I used to be, that man is not who I am now *****
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Matt, welcome to AAPK. Congratulations on your success.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Howdy Matt! Thanks for sharing your story! I am so happy that you survived that horrible detour! No judgement from me! Welcome to AAPK! Glad you found us! As you already found out, there are a bunch of great people here!

I have 2 Boxer dogs currently, so I know, you know... how great they are!
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Hey, Matt! It's always great to hear someone has overcome such an addiction! ::tu:: . I don't have any Bulldog knives but have had several big, white American bulldogs, they were very protective of our small children and even very careful around my elderly mother. To say the least they were very hard headed ::mdm:: .
I'm afraid your addiction to only Bulldog knives may increase to an across the board, all brands addiction ::hmm:: . Quite a few of us are accumulators and not really collectors ::nod:: .
Hang in there and God bless you!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
truck

Post by truck »

Hey Matt. My father figures prominently in my knife story too. You'll feel at home here in no time.
I may not change the world but I'm gonna leave a scar.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome here Matt! ::handshake:: Always good to have another here that appreciates a good knife. Warning, you won't get any help with your knife addiction here. Bunch of enablers around this place! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Member Introductions”