Hello all

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Jhale

Hello all

Post by Jhale »

I'm brand new to the boards. I look forward to being a member of this online community. I've always loved hunting/fishing knives. I found this forum while searching online for a replacement for my old Schrade I thought I had lost yesterday. We were in some snow and I had to chain up; the box of chains were brand new and so I used my Schrade to cut through a zip tie on the box handle keeping it secure. Then I crawled around under the truck and secured the chains. A couple hours later I reached for my knife in my sheath AND IT WAS GONE. My heart sank. That was an OLD knife but a favorite workhorse of mine. When I finally got home I was in a funk and as I was putting my gear away, I felt something in the large side pocket of my hunting pants against my leg. I reached in and guess what? There was my knife. I felt stupid for losing it, but even more dingy for knowing it was on my person the whole time. Old age is getting to my brain. Anyway, my name is Jeff. I live in Washington State. Here is a picture of my "almost" lost knife.
Attachments
IMG_1131.JPG
RalphAlsip

Re: Hello all

Post by RalphAlsip »

Welcome Jhale! Glad you found your knife. Watch out though - AAPK will help you find knives you didn't know were lost (lol). Thank you for posting a picture. We all really enjoy looking at knife pictures.
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Cool story Jeff! Thanks for sharing it! Also glad you "found" your favorite Schrade knife. Welcome to AAPK! You'll find a knowledgeable and friendly group here. Make sure you fish around in all of the various sub-forums. I have found valuable nuggets of knife knowledge in all of them.

Lastly, you are not alone in misplacing something, only to discover it's been there the whole time. :lol: My brain cells come to mind!
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

::welcome:: Jeff.....great forum to be on, sure will enjoy it in the
years to come...glad you found your old friend, thats what they become,

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That sounds like a familiar story. Lol. Except for the snow chains down here.

Welcome. If you stick around here long you'll have a cigar box full of knives and no spare change. It's a wonderful addiction.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Hey, one of my Dad's sisters married a Hale (So Illinois). Don't you hate that feeling when your heart drops into the pit of your stomach when you "lose" a treasured item. The rush when you discover you didn't lose it after all almost makes the experience worth it.
Attachments
Camillus 72 1946-1950 Bone - Welcome To AAPK-crop.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Welcome Jeff! It's good to have another schrade man here on the forum.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Jhale

Post by Jhale »

Thankyou to all for your welcoming replies. This forum is going to be great. Happy New Year! (Soon)
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Welcome Jeff!

Any relation to Nathan Hale?

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

::mdm:: Welcome Jeff, I'm one of the "senior citizens" here on the forum. I "lost" a Kissing crane knife a while back that I had been trying out (import model) and it was gone for over a month or so. One day my wife came up to me and handed it to me. said she found it in a apron hanging by the cook stove! Don't know how the hell it got in there but was more than glad to get it back! It is still in my pocket today. What a relief it is to find an old friend. I have more than a pocket full of USA made schrades but thought I would try out a Chinese made German knife for a while. Terry ::handshake::
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Jhale,
::welcome:: from LA (lower Alabama)! Misplacing a knife is a pretty common affair at our place. I know about tire chains too, we have used them off and on for many years here in Florida. What a mud grip! When it's sure 'nuff bad muddy, a set of chains all around will make a feller proud of his truck ::tu:: .
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Welcome Jeff!

Sure glad to hear you found that knife, especially because she's a Schrade. Schrade USA knives are my favorite. Be sure to stop over at the Schrade Thread too!

Happy New Year back at you

Tom
bdev

Post by bdev »

Hi Jeff. Glad you found your knife. If you plan on being part of the "AAPK family", I suggest you have someone "loose" your credit card for you. You will be tempted to obtain many more knives to replace the ones you "might" loose later. :mrgreen: ::groove::
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

I use to carry a 7OT on my belt all the time back in the late 80s early 90s. Still have an unused one I bought for my first born son in 91, but he never used it when he got older. So I took it and put it away.
Attachments
IMAG0298.jpg
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

::welcome:: Jeff glad to have you aboard. This is s fun place. Some of these old coots here have knife knowlege that is amazing, just so you know I ain't one of them, old coot yes knowledge no. Hope you have fun and I'm glad you found your knife. ::tu::
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Jeff,Welcome to AAPK! As you can see the friendliest bunch of guys you're ever going to meet. And we all love knives. A bunch of really smart guys here as well . You will learn so much about knives that you never knew existed your head will be spinning. Hang around and have fun.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome Jeff! Great to have you aboard. I think most of us have had a similar experience to yours. Misplacing your knife is sorta like losing an old friend. Glad you found yours so soon.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I hate that feeling.......

Welcome Jeff ::welcome::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Hey Jeff welcome aboard! Great group of very knowledgeable guys here at AAPK so glad I found this group also. ::tu:: Glad you found you trusty knife.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Glad to meetcha, Jeff, and thanks for sharing that wonderful old Schrade with us. You'll see that a lot of us value the stories like yours every bit as much as the knives themselves.

Gotta love that feeling of finding an old friend like that big lockback. Now that you know where it is, there's no better time to start looking for a good USA-made backup "just in case". Schrade may be gone as an American-based company but their knives are still widely available without breaking the bank (though my failure to obtain a 6OT as of yet may seem to indicate otherwise ::disgust::).

Hope you enjoy AAPK! ::ds::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

T B loosen up those purse strings and you'll be the proud owner of one in no time. ::woot::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

philco wrote:T B loosen up those purse strings and you'll be the proud owner of one in no time. ::woot::
A buddy of mine is fond of saying, "ain't nothing a bucket of hundreds won't fix." Lol
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Oh boy, gents... :shock: if my purse strings were any looser right now I'd have to give 'em penicillin... ::disgust::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Tsar Bomba wrote:Oh boy, gents... :shock: if my purse strings were any looser right now I'd have to give 'em penicillin... ::disgust::

::hmm:: :lol:
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad you found your knife!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Member Introductions”