Green kid from NM

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Vintagesteel

Green kid from NM

Post by Vintagesteel »

Howdy folks! I've already talked to a few of you, and I must say I feel very welcomed here. My name is Eric, I'm 33 years old from Albuquerque NM. As my user name implies I am helplessely addicted to old tools! I am blown away by how well things were made long before my time and sickened to see all those good quality products/brands now being made overseas. I try my darndest to buy USA made "especially tools" knives included. I am looking forward to getting to know y'all and hoping to learn all I can. As I said in another post I'm not really a knife collector but have a passion for knives and have always had one in my pocket! My first stitches were on my 8th birthday from a little buck 513 my grandad gave me, I've been hooked since then! ::groove::
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I'll spend the first four sharpening the axe. Abraham lincoln
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Green kid from NM

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome Eric. Looking forward to getting to know you. ___Dave
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Green Kid you are welcome here my friend. We are all afflicted with the desire for another sharp edged tool. I too at eight suffered a severe laceration from my new cub scout knife while trying to bore a hole in a sweet gum tree. why I needed that hole I don' t know. Many years later I became a collector and AAPK turned me into an addict. But we do have a good time and I am sure you will enjoy your time here, We love to look at pictures of sharp things so learn how to post them if you haven"t already.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Welcome to aapk eric.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome here Eric. I have a doughter-in-law from Albuquerque (Valley High grad) but she's a few years older than you. Looking forward to talking knives and tools with you. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Welcome here, Eric. Glad you like the old knives. We have a thread or two to show off old tools too.
We even have a "Cut myself" thread if the need arises .......... again. ::woot::
Joe
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome aboard! Good to have you with us. Be warned though. This place will turn you into a knife accumulator of the first water.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

::welcome:: Eric look forward to conversing and getting to know you. AAPK is AWESOME and everyone is so friendly. The knowledge is mind blowing and there is not a better group of people!
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
Vintagesteel

Post by Vintagesteel »

A sincere thank you to all of you! Heres the buck that got me!
Attachments
1476670217608-546143596.jpg
14766702653672135211464.jpg
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I'll spend the first four sharpening the axe. Abraham lincoln
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

Who, in Albuquerque, serves the best "Green Chili Stew"? I love that stuff. Have you ever been up to El Pintos for a meal?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Vintagesteel

Post by Vintagesteel »

Thank you Jerry! Ha-ha yes I've been to el pinto everytime family is in town that's where we go but IMO not the best food, I'm a Sadie's man myself, Roberto special with green Chile! As for stew my childhood neighbor made the best I've ever had but golden pride chicken and ribs has a strong contender ( not as hot as it used to be but still good) Orlando's in Taos also has their hat in the ring. I know what you're saying, green Chile stew is addicting! I don't think I could live without it
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Eric that is a great signature quote from Mr.Lincoln. Welcome!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Hello, Vintagesteel! Sounds like you'll be right at home here at AAPK! You must have had a good grandfather ::tu:: . I've felt the same about buying USA tools and knives for many years, but so often I have to hold my nose and use something that doesn't quite line up. To be fair, there are some excellent knives and tools from other places but I still want to feel an allegiance to our country.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Welcome, sounds like you'll fit in just fine here! Be sure to stop by the "old tools" thread and share what you have.

We love pictures!
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

............welcome to AAPK!!!!................. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............................

Return to “Member Introductions”