Howdy from East Texas

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
TexDanm

Howdy from East Texas

Post by TexDanm »

Just found this place and am still mostly reading. For me it is a little like, "Hi, I'm Dan and I'm a knifeaholic!" I don't even remember when it first started. I've had and carried a pocket knife since before I went to kindergarten. Over the years that fascination has spread over to about anything that is muscle powered and has a cutting edge.

I'm one of those people that just seems to pick up trades and over the years have done about anything that you can imagine. Carpenter, roofer, cement work, machinest, draftsman, gunsmith, electrician, HVAC certified, diesel mechanic, auto mechanic...I do leather work, Indian bead work, make a few knives, chip carving and starting on old school whittling

For the last 25 or so years I've been a self employed repair man. If it is in a home, restaurant, motel or church I fix it. I'm mostly retired now. that means that I only work for my old customers that are actually my friends. When you are a one man repair service in a small town your customers really do become your friends. Think "Emmit's Fix-it Shop" in Mayberry except I come to your house and you won't be far off. I didn't get rich but made a good living and have had a lot of fun and never had to put up with much from anyone. Now I have a regular source of added income to my retirement and Social Security...guess what a lot of my cash gets spent on?? Knives and such of course, LOL.
MrBlister

Re: Howdy from East Texas

Post by MrBlister »

Dan . .. welcome to AAPK ::welcome::
from Dave in West Texas

and HET to ya
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Hey Dan, it's great to have you aboard. I think you will find this is the most friendly and informative knife site on the web. If you've already done some reading in the forums then you probably already know that everybody here loves to look at pictures of knives so bone up on how to posts pics in the thread called AAPK tips and tricks under General knife discussion and show us whatcha got. We also love knife mysteries so if ya got one you need to identify ask away.
Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. You sound like you are a true renaissance man, much like my dad.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Howdy from south central Kentucky! Glad to have you aboard.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

A howdy back atcha from North Texas and welcome to AAPK! I've got kinfolk all over East Texas, from Kilgore to Lufkin to Houston and points in between. Look forward to seeing what you've got, and talking knives and other stuff with you. ::handshake::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

A Howdy from East Texas deserves a Howdy from West Florida!
Welcome to AAPK, TexDanm ::handshake:: !
Sounds like you have some lucky neighbors, you would have been a great maintenance man for the school district where I worked for 35 years.
I'm sure you'll fit right in here at AAPK.
Are you partial to any particular breed of knife?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Tex, welcome to AAPK from a Hoosier.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Welcome ::welcome::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome. If you are an early riser join us at the First Cup Diner with you morning coffee. I to am retired but knife collecting keeps me building houses and doing odd jobs of every size and color in a small town and almost always for friends and kids of friends.___Dave

Return to “Member Introductions”