Recovered Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Recovered Knives

Post by Quick Steel »

glennbad, with a lot of illumination plus magnification I found this on the liner: GT13. I don't know your name so kindly let me know if this is your mark. I hope so.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Glenn, when did you start doing that? I don't think you marked any of the ones you did for me. The last one was the Camillus 23, I'll have to look and see if it's marked. That would be a pleasant surprise to find out it's marked.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Quick Steel wrote:glennbad, with a lot of illumination plus magnification I found this on the liner: GT13. I don't know your name so kindly let me know if this is your mark. I hope so.

That is definitely me. ::ds:: I think I've done maybe 2 knives in that wormgroove. I definitely need to do a few more though.

Jerry, I've been modding since around 2012, I think. I'm pretty sure I've marked the majority of my knives like that, maybe not the very first ones. Some, I do forget to mark during construction, and then it's too risky to mark them after cover materials are on.

Mystery solved!!!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congratulations on learning the whereabouts of one of your gems. I am honored to have it.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

glennbad wrote: Jerry, I've been modding since around 2012, I think. I'm pretty sure I've marked the majority of my knives like that.
::ds:: Found it. Didn't even know it was there. Had a bear of a time getting a picture of it but here it is.
Haven't checked any of the rest of them because I'd have to almost empty my cabinet to find them. ::shrug::
Attachments
Camillus 23 Modified - Glenn's Stamp Combined.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Quick Steel wrote:Congratulations on learning the whereabouts of one of your gems. I am honored to have it.
Well, I am glad that you like it!

Getting back to the origin of the thread, it is always exciting to rediscover something that you had either forgotten about or had misplaced. I have a pile of knives in my shop that need to be cleaned up before putting them in my collection. They're in small boxes or ziplock bags with a bunch of other knives. Every now and then I'll go through those knives, and it's like Christmas all over again finding one I had got, but then forgot about.

I think I got a problem, but it's one that I enjoy... ::facepalm::
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

I'm still looking in my small house for a Keen Kutter trapper that I used as a kid in Kansas in the 60s to clean fish. I still have a small scar on my knuckle from a slip with that knife. Real bone handles, one big spear blade, one pen blade. I remember years ago cleaning it and oiling it good, but darned if I can find it now....

Return to “General Knife Discussion”