Burnt chimney Barlow

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
ludwig26

Burnt chimney Barlow

Post by ludwig26 »

I picked this up on the way home from work. Can't find much on it other than probably Boker related.
Nice green bone with good snap and hard 1/2 stops. Can anybody date it or fill in any info on the brand?
Is the quality consistent because this one is nice? I pd 25.00 for it.
Kerry
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
montemojo

Re: Burnt chimney Barlow

Post by montemojo »

Made by Boker in germany for Marshall Hardin of Forest City N.C. he had the knives made from mid eightys until the mid or late nineties. He had many different models including and not limited to trappers, barlows, hawkbills, stockman, and toothpicks. I could be wrong about toothpicks. The name Burnt Chimney was the previous name given to Forest City. Mr Hardin passed away in 2011. He had a pharmacy and sold knives there. The pharmacy still sells knives. His brother owns it now. I have reason to believe he also conducted bussiness with Blackie Collins and Jenkins Metal Fab. I hope this helps
By the way great knife ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Monte
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

Wow thanks Monte, that's what I wanted to know. Goins wasn't much help on this one.
It is a quality knife. I will be on the lookout for the tooth pick and hope it's a 5 inch model.
Thanks, kerry
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

First of all ::welcome:: to AAPK Kerry! ::clapping::

Definitely a Boker, and for $25 in green!! ::tu:: I like those Boker one-armed Barlows a lot, got a Delrin Boker-branded one and a bone Russell-branded with the same blade configuration. The grinds are perfect on both knives, too.

Heck, let me know if you're willing to stop by that place one more time!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

Tsar Bomba wrote:First of all ::welcome:: to AAPK Kerry! ::clapping::

Definitely a Boker, and for $25 in green!! ::tu:: I like those Boker one-armed Barlows a lot, got a Delrin Boker-branded one and a bone Russell-branded with the same blade configuration. The grinds are perfect on both knives, too.

Heck, let me know if you're willing to stop by that place one more time!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's one of my regular stops. I buy from about 6 guys around here. Many with cases in flea markets. Got a heritage green bone split back whittler yesterday from the same guy.
Kerry
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

If my memory serves me correctly, the tooth pick was 5". It had mother of pearl handles. I would have bought it except for the 100 dollar price tag the seller had on it. Most that I have were in the 40 to 60 dollar range. You made a ggood deal at 25 bucks. The sellers on ebay are mighty proud of them. They are sought after in this area so they tend to bring more around here.

Monte
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Here are some pics of a Burnt Chimney brochure
20170327_122255.jpg
20170327_122244.jpg
20170327_122212.jpg
20170327_122201.jpg
Maybe this should be in the Boker studies part of the forum

Monte
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

After reading the brochure looks like my sources could have been off a year or two.

Monte
Gamecockbred

Post by Gamecockbred »

Burnt Chimney Barlow
I have the same knife as Ludwig26 but mine has the number 013 on it. I have seen several of these knives online but none with a number. Does anyone know any info about my knife?
rarreola

Post by rarreola »

mine has mop covers.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”