Keystone Show this Weekend

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Keystone Show this Weekend

Post by deo-pa »

The Keystone Blade Association's 29th annual show tomorrow and Sunday (February 25-26, 2017) at the Country Cupboard in Lewisburg, PA.

Great show... plenty of tables... some nice antique shops in the Lewisburg area... look for a guy walking around in a red Mansfield University hat.

Dennis
Lansky1

Re: Keystone Show this Weekend

Post by Lansky1 »

Thanks Dennis for posting this. Not sure I can drive out there this year, but I'll make a note for next year for sure. You said lots of tables ... Is this one of the biggest shows around ? I'm a newbie at knife shows ... curious how it compares to the Easton show a few months ago if you've ever been to that one ? Thx again ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Is this one of the biggest shows around ?
It's been a while since I've been to Easton John but I'd say Easton is a fair bit larger. Maybe a vendor will chime in on the actual size of each.

That said, I've always enjoyed the Keystone show and if you exclude gun shows, there aren't that many knife-only shows in Central / Eastern PA. Off the top of my head I can think of Easton, Keystone, and Wind Gap. PA collectors, have I missed any?

Are there any PA gun shows that are also known for a good turnout of knife vendors? If so, I'll put those on my list too.

Dennis
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Here are my spoils from the show... I'm a sucker for (affordable) celluloid. The bone is a W.H. Morley.

Dennis
Attachments
Keystone 2017-2.jpg
Keystone 2017-3.jpg
Keystone 2017-4.jpg
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

^ NICE ! I especially like the celluloid toothpick in the middle - what make are the 3 celluloids in the top pic ?
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

I especially like the celluloid toothpick in the middle - what make are the 3 celluloids in the top pic ?
Thanks John. If you mean the one in the middle of the top picture, that is a Colonial (curved tang stamp; late 1920s to late 1930s). It sure is pretty and the photo doesn't do justice to the red... that red color is a lot more vibrant.

Top photo is Imperial, Colonial, Imperial. The top Imperial has "Fisherman's Favorite" on the shield and the second blade is a hook disgorger / descaler / bottle opener. All of these knives with the exception of the Fisherman's Favorite are near mint.

It was a great day; put the show on your list for 2018.

Dennis

Return to “General Knife Discussion”