Buck 112

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
JIMJC

Buck 112

Post by JIMJC »

So I'm new to knives, I've collected 8 knives so far, of which 3 are keepers, the rest will go. Anyway I've handled a Buck 112/110 and like it and would like to add different custom wood/composite scales to the ones I purchase.

Question: The Buck factory knives I like do not have rivets holding the wood scales in, so can I assume that the wood is held in with epoxy or some other adhesive? Thanks Jim
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Buck 112

Post by garddogg56 »

WELCOME ::handshake:: a lot of the 300 series Bucks have catch pins turned out of the bolster liners in to the scales .
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Quite common to epoxy the handles on a 110/112 - custom makers do that routinely. As you have noticed the Buck Custom Shop offers that option - either was works. OH

Ps Welcome to AAPK!
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
JIMJC

Post by JIMJC »

Thanks guys, the scales would be easier to remove if they were installed without epoxy but if it's that way I'll deal with it.

I really like the idea of changing the buck 110/112 scales after seeing some of the limited additions.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

You may want to check out the buck custom shop, you can select several different handle and blade options and buck will custom make it for you.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
JIMJC

Post by JIMJC »

^^^^You know I guess I don't know how to use the Buck site because I don't see options for different woods, so I'll go back and see.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”