It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by Colonel26 »

Very good Jim! Those were great old knives, and a very useful pattern on the farm too.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

Colonel26 wrote:Very good Jim! Those were great old knives, and a very useful pattern on the farm too.
Thank You Colonel! :)

I just had to have it when I learned that it is fairly old. And the psychedelic blue colour helped too! ::woot::

More pics to come.

Jim
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Sako, I love that blue KK!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Got this big Honkin' Kodiak on the way. Looks like a 73-79.
Attachments
Case Kodiak.jpg
Case Kodiak 2.jpg
Case Kodiak 3.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

gsmith7158 wrote:Got this big Honkin' Kodiak on the way. Looks like a 73-79.
If it has anything to do with bears you've got my attention.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Sako, that Keen Kutter is the bomb!

Greg, love your Kodiak. I almost bought one in a pawnshop a year ago and passed - went back a few weeks later and it was gone - dumb move on my part! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Old Hunter wrote:Sako, that Keen Kutter is the bomb!

Greg, love your Kodiak. I almost bought one in a pawnshop a year ago and passed - went back a few weeks later and it was gone - dumb move on my part! OH
Did you notice it has my name on the box. Must have been destiny for me to have it. :D
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I did notice that - you were born to own that knife!
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

I admit it! I am a knife addict! But at least I am not alone here! :mrgreen:

Won another auction today and I am really really excited about it so I just can't wait showing off a pic. 8) I just love finding decent lots and this one is promising.

Cheers!

Jim
IMG_8202.JPG
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Won this one yesterday on feebay. I splurged a little. Don't have a single collector's edition, limited edition, commemorative edition, special edition, anniversary edition, etc etc edition knife of any kind from any manufacturer. So I decided to go a little above my budget. At least it's still in my target group of early production OTs. ::nod:: Can't wait to get it in and fondle it. ::ds::

It's a Old Timer 25th anniversary, so I guess that makes it a '85 year production?
Attachments
34OTSS.jpg
34OTSS open blades.jpg
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Fine looking Old Timer, amazing what bone and polish will do for one of them. OH
bdev

Post by bdev »

Nice one. I saw it in the new SMKW catalog.
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

bdev wrote:
Nice one. I saw it in the new SMKW catalog.
Just got the catalog yesterday Bruno. Couldn't wait any longer. That's a looker!
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Wow Greg. I like that one.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KnifeSlinger#81

Greg that one is a perfect 4th of july toter.
-Paul T.

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Been after a nice Congress Jack for three years. Just ordered this one from Gunstock Jack today (ordered from my boat - sometimes technology is great!) OH
Attachments
IMG_0117.JPG
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Nice one OH. Unusual pattern! ::tu::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I do not think a crude and ignorant slur suggesting attacking and killing millions of courageous, responsible and patriotic Americans is appropriate here, and I am hoping that the moderators and most of the genteel folk here feel the same way.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

tongueriver wrote: I do not think a crude and ignorant slur suggesting attacking and killing millions of courageous, responsible and patriotic Americans is appropriate here, and I am hoping that the moderators and most of the genteel folk here feel the same way.
Cal you are correct. I apologize as I was coming from a thread that was emotionally hurtful because one of my friends was attacked. I will try to edit my remarks if I cannot I would ask that the moderator would remove it
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
KnifeSlinger#81

Old Hunter wrote:Been after a nice Congress Jack for three years. Just ordered this one from Gunstock Jack today (ordered from my boat - sometimes technology is great!) OH
I had one of those on preorder I forgot about, as usual the order came at the wrong time and I wasn't prepared :lol: ::facepalm:: Regardless it's a done deal now, it's a different pattern than I've had before, should be pretty interesting to try.
-Paul T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I wanted the stag 13 Speaker Jack but Barry only had two and they were both spoken for. Besides they are almost $200 and I didn't want it that bad. Could have had a red bone but I had already decided it was stag or nothing. Oh well.

To help soothe my soul, this used Ganzo Firebird F729 - CF should be delivered tomorrow. It's like Spyderco had an illicit affair with Benchmade and they had a Pacific rim baby. As I said, it's used but apparently very lightly and I just wanted to see what it's all about, anyway.
Attachments
Ganzo Firebird F729 - CF - Fold.jpg
Ganzo Firebird F729 - CF.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Old Hunter wrote:Been after a nice Congress Jack for three years. Just ordered this one from Gunstock Jack today (ordered from my boat - sometimes technology is great!) OH
I had one of those on preorder I forgot about, as usual the order came at the wrong time and I wasn't prepared :lol: ::facepalm:: Regardless it's a done deal now, it's a different pattern than I've had before, should be pretty interesting to try.
Still waiting for the notification on my reservation, but I didn't go through GSJ. This thread had me running for my emails last night to make sure I didn't somehow miss the email on my phone. I guess not everybody is ready to release the stock yet?
jerryd6818 wrote:I wanted the stag 13 Speaker Jack but Barry only had two and they were both spoken for. Besides they are almost $200 and I didn't want it that bad. Could have had a red bone but I had already decided it was stag or nothing. Oh well.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I seriously hope that's not the final price point for the bone knives too, it would be more than double the "estimated" cost and I'd probably have to turn around and refuse one of my "sure thing" reservations, which is a no-no for the dealer. Then again, missing the final retail price by 200+% would to me comprise mitigating circumstances, especially for a two-blade production knife under 4". ::huff::
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
KnifeSlinger#81

Tony I think the bone jacks will be pretty available, they haven't shipped from gec yet AFAIK. Mine was $100 or so, pretty reasonable. It seems the average price for most gec's has gone up $10-20 in the past couple years.
-Paul T.

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Mine was $107.00 shipped for a jigged red bone Speaker Jack (Congress Jack). I got an email while I was on the boat early Saturday afternoon, payed via Paypal right then, and received notification a little later that it had shipped on Saturday as well. It is supposed to be here Tuesday afternoon per the USPS Tracker. OH
KnifeSlinger#81

Well looks like I was wrong, just got shipping notification of my speaker jack. Since it's coming from a retailer two hours away it should be here pretty quick :lol:

I've recently had an idea to trade all but a handful of my modern OHO folders for slipjoints (which I like WAY better), there's already several on the way that I'm excited about but this GEC 79 is my favorite so far. Getting new knives without having to buy them is the way to go!
Attachments
image.jpeg
-Paul T.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”