CAMILLUS "WIDE BLADE" review TURNED "CUSTOMER SERVICE REVIEW

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
junebug

CAMILLUS "WIDE BLADE" review TURNED "CUSTOMER SERVICE REVIEW

Post by junebug »

HEY FELLERS!!!!!
Well..... some know(CHAT ROWDIES N SUCH :mrgreen: ) not long ago i grabbed a CAMILLUS WIDE BLADE #18513 to review......
well things kinda went WONKY on me.... ::undecided::

i had a few issues with the knife at the end of my review,and tote with my CAMILLUS utility 4 blade folder 8) ..........
so i called CAMILLUS and they "KINDLY" asked me to send it in with a note to better describe my issues (2)
which i happily did...........(I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE KNIFE,what can i say :D )
ISSUES: (with my knife ONLY!!!!!things happen.......after using for several weeks NOT HARD USE)
1) the blade had a BUR on the LOCK UP EDGE of the frame lock BAR....at 1st it was tight lock up, but when that BUR wore off , it now had up and down play........the bur also WORE a second line through the black blade coat till it wore the bur off from opening and closing for the several weeks.....
SIDE NOTE: the ball detent was the second line wore on the blade coating - this is usual for this line to occur over time.....

2) the thumb stud one day.....had a rattle...and could not tighten it ...tried. tiny rattle,but BUGGED LIKE A MUTHA...LOLOLOL- i think it is press fit into blade??? ::shrug::

well.....weeks went by...........NOTHING ::td::
called back 1st person not in that day.....(EASTERN TIME TO TOP IT OFF...IM PACIFIC.)
CALL BACK NEXT DAY...TOLD SAME...so get another person........
this person listens....and thinks someone else can better help me.......TRANSFER to another person not there that day.....LEFT MESSAGE.
wait few days,NO RETURN CALL........so i return call them.....LEFT MESSAGE ::facepalm::
wait again..............1 week. ::disgust::
nothing......................................................... ::dang::
CALL THEM BACK AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR EVERY PERSON I CAN GET A TRANFER TO ON THEIR AUTOMATED PHONE LINE SYSTEM.................
WELL........RIGHT AT 2PM MY TIME OR 5PM THEIR TIME ....AS THEY WERE CLOSING MIND YOU.....

ARON ANSWERED THE PHONE ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
SAME FRIENDLY PHONE SERVICE AS OTHERS I "ACTUALLY" GOT TO SPEAK TO....... BUT THIS TIME WITH AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS AND "WERE THE HECK IS MA KNIFE,BRO"?????? :mrgreen: :lol:
note: by this time i was pretty "huffy" (aka PRICK-ISH ::facepalm:: ),BUT aron TOOK IT IN STRIDE ::handshake::
HE kindly and calmly handled the situation by getttin to the bottom of the situation..........
UNFORTUNATELY my knife was still in limbo,but to correct this he offered me my same knife,but hte are on back order.......... ::dang:: ::dang::
TO FIX THIS NEW ISSUE.........ARON said lemme send you somethin comparable ::tu::
we came up with the #18671 with g10 scales....AN UPGRADE MA FRIENDS ::tu::
IT WAS THE ONLY THING WITH COMPARABLE LOOKS/BLADE SHAPE I WAS AFTER FOR A EDC
but a lil shorter......... LOOKIN FORWARD TO CHECKIN IT OUT.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND OUT A "THANK YOU" ::handshake:: TO ARON AT CAMILLUS FOR TAKEIN CARE OF ME...AND SORRY FOR THE ATTITUDE,YOU HANDLED THE SITUATION LIKE A PRO!!!!
NO ONE LIKES TO FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN TAKEN OR WRONGED BY A COMPANY......YOU HAVE TAKEN ME FROM THAT,TO ACTUAL EXCITED ABOUT WAITIN ON A KNIFE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ::handshake::

SO.....AT THIS POINT THE CAMILLUS WIDE BLADE #18513 IS OFF............
camillus contact info/phones/address/etc:
http://www.camillusknives.com/Support/C ... act+Us/569

HERE ARE A FEW PIX OF THE WIDE BLADE,STILL DIG THAT BLADE SHAPE........ ::nod::
Attachments
CAMILLUS WIDE BLADE FOLDER.JPG
CAMILLUS WIDE BLADE FOLDER 2 .JPG
CAMILLUS WIDE BLADE FOLDER 3 .JPG
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
junebug

Re: CAMILLUS "WIDE BLADE" review TURNED "CUSTOMER SERVICE RE

Post by junebug »

ANYBODY ELSE DEAL WITH "THE NEW" CAMILLUS BEFORE????? GOOD OR BAD? ::shrug::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Junebug.
Camillus closed it doors in 2007.
The mob you was dealing with is Acme .
It looks like they purchased the Camillus name. Thats all I know .

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
junebug

Post by junebug »

HEY SHEARER!!! ::handshake::

HEHEHE YEAH,I UNDERSTAND THE OLD ONE CLOSED.....BUT THATS PRODUCT NAME THEY GO BY. ::nod::
- Junebug 2016
junebug

Post by junebug »

update:
ARON TOLD ME A WEEK AGO......I WILL MAIL YOUR NEW KNIFE OUT MONDAY.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED ::disgust:: ...........
TUESDAY = NOTHING
WEDNESDAY = NOTHING
THURSDAY THE 21st- FINALLY GOT A EMAIL,THAT THEY "DECIDED" TO SHIP IT........WHAT A JOKE!
::undecided:: ::undecided:: ::undecided:: ::undecided:: ::undecided:: ::undecided:: ::disgust:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ::td::

I WILL WAIT ANOTHER WEEK FOR MY KNIFE AS THEY SENT IT SOME SORT OF SNAIL MAIL,WHERE IT IS NOT DUE TO ARRIVE IN CALIF TILL NEXT WED OR THURSDAY ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: SAD.......
I ALREADY WAITED WEEKS & MONTHS........... ::td:: ::td:: ::td::

I GUESS I HAVE NO CHOICE, BUT WAIT FOR NEW KNIFE ::mdm::
AND SEE WHAT SURPRISES CAMILLUS BRINGS ME......HA!

ALREADY PREPARED TO BE EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTED ::dang:: ::dang::

THANKS FOR LYIN' TO AND B.S.ing me .....AGAIN! ::td::
::handshake:: ::handshake:: ::handshake::
- Junebug 2016
junebug

Post by junebug »

UPDATE:
REPLACEMENT ITEM RECEIVED!!!!

CAMILLUS "PRISTINE"------ LOOK FOR A REVIEW SOON ::tu::
Attachments
KNIVES CAMILLUS,LION,SPYDER 001.JPG
- Junebug 2016
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

The squeaky wheel got oiled. :wink:
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
junebug

Post by junebug »

WELL............ IF i am suppose to be the" SQUEAKY WHEEL" aint no oil yet....... they just did what they should have.

AND IF THEY ARE..........WELL NOPE THERE TOO.....AS ALL THEY DID WAS GET ME A REPLACEMENT FOR THE ONE THEY LOST OF MINE........

EITHER WAY.....NO OILIN' WENT ON IN MY OPINION......... THE UPGRADE THEY GAVE ME WAS ONLY BECAUSE AFTER 8 CALLS AND 4 DIFFERENT EMPLOYEES ....I WAS A TOTAL PRICK AND STATED DATES,TIMES,AND NAMES OF EVERY TIME I DEALT WITH THEM ABOUT THIS ISSUE.......

AND IN MY OPINION ...THEIR WAY TO GET BACK AT ME, WAS TO.....SHIP MY REPLACEMENT TO ME 7 DAYS LATER THAN THEY COULD HAVE....OR SHOULD HAVE. (impo)AND 4 DAYS LATER THAN THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE DONE IT....................

AGAIN.....STUFF HAPPENS....... JUST A FYI FOR THE AAPK LURKERS AND MEMBERS ::tu:: ::handshake::
- Junebug 2016
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Josh, not everyone has customer service like Kershaw and Spyderco and that's a dirty shame (also fixable).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”