Rare knives for sale on eBay

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
junebug

Re: Rare knives for sale on eBay

Post by junebug »

maybe its geographical....their area PLUS....never seen before,and they are into the scene....plus none on EBAY,.....plus none in SOLD ON EBAY......then when you google it NONE POP UP.

maybe thats why.....or maybe just one or 2 of those......PLENTY OF REASONS TO USE RARE

not saying that why,or its ok,or anything else.....just MAYBE THAT IS WHY FOR SOME. ::shrug::

to some rare means = hard to find
to some rare means = you will never see another
to some rare means = only one or two were made (not true usually)
to some rare means = it was a FLOP item....thats why they stopped makein them
to some rare means = you wont see one in this AREA....and some will follow it up with find another round here........
to some rare means = none for sale on ebay
to some rare means = none in SOLD ON EBAY
to some rare means = nothin popped up on google
to some rare means = they have never seen one
to some rare means = there dads grandmas next door neighbors dog never told them about it when they was young........

but really.....its just like VINTAGE,RETRO,MINT,MINTY,ETC that we see.......
when its simply a WORD that too many people use to search a item.....so ppl use it so you will see thier item............... aka SALES TOOL ::nod::

just my take on it.............sticks n stones may break yer bones....but words will never hurt ya........if yer educated :shock: :lol: :lol: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::handshake:: ::handshake::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

The rarest knife I seen sold recently on EBay was a Case XX 6254 Second Cut on a Tested Frame. It was listed wrong and I miss it. It is worth a lot more than the $500 that it sold for ( A mint knife is worth $6K )
Larry
Attachments
image.jpg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

jlw257 wrote:The rarest knife I seen sold recently on EBay was a Case XX 6254 Second Cut on a Tested Frame. It was listed wrong and I miss it. It is worth a lot more than the $500 that it sold for ( A mint knife is worth $6K )
Larry
I had a fairly poorly developed idea of worth and value of collectibles before reading some observations by two highly respected writers in our field. The bottom line, in their views, was that a knife was worth precisely what it sold for on a particular day, buyer, and seller. After ruminating on this, I have to agree. Speaking of the subject in other ways and terms can be rewarding on several levels, but in the final analysis we have to come back to this. As for rarity, it just means scarce, and nothing else, no matter how many qualifiers we wish to put on that definition. I am thinking of a particular knife I own, with tons of paperwork, a presentation box and which came from the personal desk of Albert Baer, a photograph existing of him with the knife. It is pristine. It is hand-scrimshawed by the man himself, Giorgianni on genuine bone. It is a prototype with a sticker on the case of 000. It is the only one in the world as far as I know, and therefore "rare." I would love to realize $1000 for it, or even $500, and it is easily "worth" that much, but I know that is not going to happen. This is an example of why discussions of worth often are not very useful beyond pleasurable discourse. Oh!!!! By the way, that knife is available!
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Tongueiver
Anytime you find a XX Second Cut trapper for sale for $500 let me know,I will double your money.
You don't know nothing about old Case knives!
Larry W

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

jlw257 wrote:Tongueiver
Anytime you find a XX Second Cut trapper for sale for $500 let me know,I will double your money.
You have misunderstood my thoughts utterly. I am sorry I wasted your time. I assume that your knowledge of CASE knives greatly exceeds your understanding of the English language. I actually am very familiar with the knife you mention and agree that is rare and valuable.
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

tongueriver wrote:
jlw257 wrote:Tongueiver
You have misunderstood my thoughts utterly. I am sorry I wasted your time. I assume that your knowledge of CASE knives greatly exceeds your understanding of the English language. I actually am very familiar with the knife you mention and agree that is rare and valuable.

Then my apologies are in order
Larry W

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

no apologies necessary. Friends? ::tu::
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

tongueriver wrote:no apologies necessary. Friends? ::tu::

Thanks Friend
Larry W

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Here are a couple for you Jlw; I pretty much only collect old stockman and cattle knives, with some exceptions. You have good taste in old knives, so I thought you might like to see these 75s. The second pair are 1970 ten dots.
75s001.jpg
75s002.jpg
75s003.jpg
75s004.jpg
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Tongueriver
You have some very nice knives. I love the old Case Stockman.
Here are some of mine.
First is a Tested 5375 LP
Second is a Tested Second Cut 5375 LP
Larry
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Larry W

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

:D ::tu:: :shock: ::drool:: ::nod:: 8) ::not_worthy:: ::clapping:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Post by 0078 »

I bought this one in a junk drawer lot, probably the rare to me and not to others. I traded it off for another one that I liked better and was in much better shape.
Attachments
image.jpg
Where you plant your needs is where your garden grows.
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

O.K. This is a "rare" one. JACK KNIFE BEN CHICAGO UNION STOCK YARDS cattle knife made by Napanoch or an early Winchester early 1920's.
Attachments
MVC-084S.JPG
MVC-085S.JPG
MVC-086S.JPG
MVC-087S.JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”