Making a knife case ? Help

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Making a knife case ? Help

Post by zed6309 »

Hi guys , ok I've decided that I need to make a case for my pocket knives , sadly I've not got the funds to buy one so thought I'll make one , so has anyone made one before , thanks for any help ::tu:: pic of the sort of thing on after ::tu::
Screenshot_20210303-085425_Chrome.jpg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Making a knife case ? Help

Post by dlr110 »

I've never made one, but it seems to me you would spend more time and money making one than just ordering one. JMO
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-03 074354.png
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

I think do-it-yourself is a fine idea zed... more power to you. Here are some suggestions:

https://bluwaterlife.com/2015/03/diy-knife-roll-bag/

https://jesspryles.com/knife-roll/

https://diyprojects.com/duct-tape-knife-sheath/ - This one is a sheath for a fixed blade made from duct tape but I bet you could expand on the idea and make a knife roll.

Be sure to show us your finished case.

And for a quick and easy kitchen knife block try this. Much cooler than a $50 store-bought knife block. And if you use the right books you will find yourself spending more time in the kitchen!

Dennis
Attachments
DIY-Knife-Holder.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I have made a few, my only advise is don't use suede leather to make it. The tannery chemicals emit a fume from the leather that will tarnish nickle silver and brass quickly.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

I make knife rolls out of micro fibre clothes. I hand stitch them, but, they could also be made with a sewing machine. The flap folds over and then I roll it up. The knives are well protected. I then store the rolls, with a few silca gel packs, in a cookie tin in the back of my filing cabinet, or in my gun safe.
Attachments
RIMG2384.JPG
Dan
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

zed6309 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:55 am Hi guys , ok I've decided that I need to make a case for my pocket knives , sadly I've not got the funds to buy one so thought I'll make one , so has anyone made one before , thanks for any help ::tu:: pic of the sort of thing on after ::tu::
Paul, I Just sent you a PM
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

danno50 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:22 pm I make knife rolls out of micro fibre clothes. I hand stitch them, but, they could also be made with a sewing machine. The flap folds over and then I roll it up. The knives are well protected. I then store the rolls, with a few silca gel packs, in a cookie tin in the back of my filing cabinet, or in my gun safe.
I like that idea, and you have an inbuilt polishing cloth. ::tu:: ::nod::
Froe

Post by Froe »

Keep your eyes peeled for the old cotton shoe polishing mitts the hotels used to give away. Sometimes you can get them dirt cheap in lots at flea markets or online auctions. They hold lubricant good and are perfect for larger pocketknives or folding hunters.
The only thing better is old Crown Royal bags; mostly because those are more fun to acquire.
Froe
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

zed6309 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:55 am Hi guys , ok I've decided that I need to make a case for my pocket knives , sadly I've not got the funds to buy one so thought I'll make one , so has anyone made one before , thanks for any help ::tu:: pic of the sort of thing on after ::tu::

Screenshot_20210303-085425_Chrome.jpg
I've found that an old cassette storage case works very well for storing pocket knives up to the size of a trapper pattern.I used to find them at yard sales for a dollar or two.Some of the larger ones(the double sided kind)will hold almost one hundred knives. They usually have a fuzzy lining and don't usually react with the handles of knives although I would recommend using a bit of felt inside.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Thanks for all the replays everyone ::tu:: I got home from a night shift this am to a kind member offereing me 2 cases :shock: this group never ceases to amaze me .
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,

Return to “General Knife Discussion”