International KNIFE Sales are being blocked my eBay.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: International KNIFE Sales are being blocked my eBay.

Post by koldgold »

I think the sellers using ebay’s global shipping have missed my point.

If you like using ebay’s system, use their system. If you like to sell knives, then sell yourknives.
If you do not wish to sell knives over-seas, do not list international shipping.

My point was and still is; the seller and ebay are blocking buyers, and losing money.
When you say:
“you do not have to bother about the postage cost”; you are treating the would-be buyers with contempt.
No one is trying to force you (the seller) to sell an item!
Please remember, the buyer does not have to buy from you; and that does not help your bank balance.

This is not about offending anyone.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
A.A.P.N. # 5197: Member of Australian & U.S Blade Forums...KEN -
I collect Schrade knives - made in the U.S.A.- I like the 8OT
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

The only thing wrong with the Global Shipping Program is that it not the cost of postage.
It stops international buyer bidding on some items because they have put a blanket ban on items .
A item is listed with the postage to Australia and when you try to bid you are blocked.
Like I stated before I cannot buy a item by bidding but I can make a offer on a Buy it Now or Make a Offer. ::shrug::
They are deceiving sellers and buyers by tell them they fill out customs forms.
Any item that has to be declared to Australian Customs we can not bid on.This is because they have agreement not to ship items to Australia that has to be declared.
I know this because I found a way of bidding on knives (that's another story ) and when they reached Australia there was total confusion and I had to describe what was in the parcel because there was no customs declaration.
What happen when I win a item with Global Shipping I have to make to separate payment .One to the seller and one to Global Shipping.
If I was a seller in USA I might use Global Shipping if they were doing the right thing by me the seller.Most sellers I have contacted do not know they are listed for Global Shipping or that international buyer cannot bid. ::shrug::

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Grant, I think we are wasting our time trying to help some of these sellers.
I have had friends in the US sending emails saying that I should use their address in the US.
We both have friends in the US we can have them send items to us.
I know now, some sellers cannot be helped. Ken.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

I think the Problem here is ebay and not the sellers who use the GS that was so heavily solicited to them.

All of the problems that Josh said have been fixed by GS makes it way more worth while to even ship out of the country. The time and trouble involved not using the GS program are not worth the "possible" extra money to a low level seller who only lists just a few items now and then to make some EXTRA income and also has many other things to focus on and take care of in their personal life.

I sell on ebay very infrequently and because of all of the problems with international shipping I just do not ship out of the country. The problem here is at the government and ebay level not the sellers who have no control over the problems IMO. The only seller to have a problem with is a crook or liar, not to blame them for problems that they didn't make and have no control over. Although it is much easier to place the blame and blast a seller that you can actually have some discussion with then to try and talk to the people at ebay or in the government who caused said problem. Those people could not care less about your anger.
I dig half stops!!

"GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO, SO THAT YOU GET TO DO, WHATCHA WANNA DO"
My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

koldgold wrote:
Four week ago, I told a seller I would pay $65 for a Buy-it-now knife,
The seller then listed the item again for Buy-it-now for $60, + another two times since I ofered him $65.
I have always found eBay perfect when they are making money, Just NEVER ASK THEM FOR HELP in any way.

As a buyer on eBay I will stop buying - As a seller on eBay, you should stop eating.
IT SOLD The knife sold at long last: Remember my bid of $65 was refused by the seller.
After trying to sell the knife, time and time again at BUY-IT-NOW $60 - the knife SOLD at $33.08.
::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ken, you're butting your head against a steel wall and playing a losing game. Time to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. Out flank 'em and get what you want in spite of the roadblocks. It may seem like a pain in the butt but there's a good bit of pleasure to be had by successfully circumventing all those ridiculous rules and regulations (legally of course).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Jerry, Australians find ways around things like this in seconds.
I was only trying to help these stupid sellers, silly me! They cannot be helped.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

koldgold wrote:Jerry, Australians find ways around things like this in seconds.
I was only trying to help these stupid sellers, silly me! They cannot be helped.
::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Yesterday, I tried to buy a knife from Australia; as a gift for a friend that lives in the U.S.
eBay blocked me from biding; so I asked the seller "could I bid and pay from Australia - to post to WI 53281"
The seller replied: "Yes that will be OK". So I tried again to bid, you guessed it blocked again.
When I asked the seller if he could help from his end; he replied "NO eBay looks after my shipping!" ::woot::

I was willing to bid over $35 for the knife! That sold for $14 later on that day. ::doh::

I'm glad eBay is "looking after this seller"; and not me, I can not lose money like that.

This post is trying to wake some sellers up, on eBay. I do not have to buy from them.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA

Return to “General Knife Discussion”