Queen Cutlery Show

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
wlf

Re: Queen Cutlery Show

Post by wlf »

I can't believe I never got any pictures of the people I met at the show.I found Bret and he introduced me to Kathy and family,showed me others also.I still don't see how he caught Kathy . :) But I do,very gracious and hospitable people,who remind me why I enjoy our community here.It's nice to get a big heartfelt hug too,especially from a lovely woman. :D

They're like you Elvis(Bob Pickesimer).

I met Mike(Galvanic) and lady, and P A Knives( David Anthony) and his lady. Pa. has a lot of nice knives and some lovely ladies.

I wish I could of had more time with you all,but I had to be back in SE WVa .I hope,Lord willing ,if I get to come back I'll have more time and money. :)

I did really enjoy what time I had with you all.Thanks Bret and Kathy,you have a nice family and a son I want buying my knives.

Mike I'm glad I met you ,and I don't have to tell you what rare and beautiful pieces that you shared with me.I love it, sharing our mutual admiration for these great pieces of workmanship.

David,I hope I have something that I can trade you.

Till we meet again,and hoping we all get the one we want.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Kathy wrote: "Someday, maybe I will get to meet my favorite Robeson expert?"

So, which Pennsylvania knife show would you suggest, Easton or Lewiston?

Which one has a bar?

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Mason

Post by Mason »

Thanks for the great pictures of the factory. Nothing against CNC machines, but it is nice to see a person actually operating a piece of equipment.
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

wlf wrote:I can't believe I never got any pictures of the people I met at the show.I found Bret and he introduced me to Kathy and family,showed me others also.I still don't see how he caught Kathy . :) But I do,very gracious and hospitable people,who remind me why I enjoy our community here.It's nice to get a big heartfelt hug too,especially from a lovely woman. :D
Awww... thanks for the kind words, Lyle! It was wonderful to get to meet you finally! I just wish Bret & I could have spent a little more time talking knives with you. :)

A little background on Bret & I... back when Bret & I met (6 years ago), he just wanted to be my friend at first. I had just gotten out of a bad marriage & he thought he was "saving" me from going on a rebound. He didn't even want a "relationship" at the time. I didn't really think too much about dating him neither. I thought that he was a nice man to go out to dinner with. I was actually interested in someone else. Well, in a few short months, I was head over heals in love with Bret. He was in love also, but it took him 5 months to say it! ::woot:: He has been such a blessing to the boys. Bret is a wonderful husband, a terrific dad & a great man. I know I am the luckiest woman in the world to have him!
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Kathy wrote: "Someday, maybe I will get to meet my favorite Robeson expert?"

So, which Pennsylvania knife show would you suggest, Easton or Lewiston?

Which one has a bar?

Charlie
The bar was in Titusville at the Queen show. :lol: Bret and I haven't been to Lewiston? or Easton. The knife shows we usually go to are Case (which will be next summer) & Lewisburg (in February), Dover, OH & Queen. If you decide to go to Easton, we might have to try & get to that one. It is probably about a six hour drive, but it would be worth it to meet you! ::nod::
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Lewisburg, then. I had it wrong.

What's the Lewisburg show like.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

Man I wish I could visit the Queen factory. I picked up the S & M keystone series (2006) and realized they were made in the Queen factory that has been around since their inception. Just awestruck at how they have made and still make such quality knives. If my wife & I win the lottery she wants to go to Italy and I want to go to Titusville.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

OK. About the 7th picture down there are some (what looks like) templates for shields. Is that what those are?
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Lewisburg, then. I had it wrong.

What's the Lewisburg show like.
The Lewisburg show has 2 rooms of possibly 50 or 60 tables? I am not sure of that figure because I am not a great judge of that sort of thing. It is located at the Country Cupboard Inn, which is a nice location. Lewisburg itself is an old, pretty college town. It's not a huge show, like the Atlanta shows are.

The biggest show up home here, is probably the Case show. Case does a good job with it's show. There are auctions (new Case knives), dinners, trivia games, apple peeling contests & other activities. The factory offers tours also. I know they request the dealers put out only Case knives, but there have been lots of other knives to see, also.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

So, where would a Robeson display be most appropriate up that way?

I've been to Cinncinati before, twice, but never to display.

Could you and Bret make it there?

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:So, where would a Robeson display be most appropriate up that way? Charlie

Charlie, could you bring your display to my house in Connecticut? I could drum up some boiled chicken and biscuits and beer ............

......for a couple days?!!! ::super_happy::
Joe
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

rexstubbins wrote:OK. About the 7th picture down there are some (what looks like) templates for shields. Is that what those are?

Rex,

Those are templates for the shields. Their machine "copy-cats" the templates. I do apologize if I explained that in a silly manner. I am not very mechanically inclined. ::smirk::
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:So, where would a Robeson display be most appropriate up that way?

I've been to Cinncinati before, twice, but never to display.

Could you and Bret make it there?

Charlie
Is Cincinnati a big show? It's not impossible, it would be 5 hours for us to go.

I have never been to the Easton show & it is just about the same difference. If anyone has been to that show... please chime in. What is it like?
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

The Cincinnati show was cancelled last time.I don`t know if it is going to continue or not.Central Kentucky show is in a few weeks at Lexington,about 70 miles south of Cincy on I75.It`s a nice show about 120 tables or so.It was sold out last year.Roger
Roger
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

Kathy,

Nice scores! I fancy the Cat Seahorse with the tortoise handles, very cool..... And who would ever say Old is Good, For me I like the fact that Queen along with GEC has old equipment, older the better ::ds:: Definitely me Nice finds BH
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great thread, thanks for posting pictures and info! Might have to make the trek for sure next year, sounds like a great time. And if I hit a bar while there that would be OK too. :lol:
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I hope to see everyone at the show again this year, coming up in 2 weeks. I like that Queen is having the show every year now, instead of every other year.
Carl B.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”