Shipping knife to France

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
knife-nut

Shipping knife to France

Post by knife-nut »

Any one here ever shipped a knife to France? Was wondering about customs and the least pricey method of shipping. Thanks, Mark.
olderdogs1

Re: Shipping knife to France

Post by olderdogs1 »

I have shipped to France a few times. It is not particularly pricey if you are just shipping a pocket knife. You do have to fill out a customs slip and declare the value. I always put "collect able pocket knife in the description so people don't think I am shipping a weapon.
In some countries and I can't remember if France is one of hem they have to pay on their end based on the value. I have had requests to understate the value which I always refuse to do. I don't believe it would cost you in excess of 10.00 and your post office should walk you through it.
I hope this helps some.

Tom
Dragunski

Post by Dragunski »

Small Flat Rate Priority Mail Box to France: $23.95 New Price

Max Value $400.00
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

First Class for a pocket knife to Australia is only $10 to $13 so I can't imagine it would be more than that. Post Office has the customs forms right there. If I can fill 'em out, anyone can. I've just listed it as "pocketknife" and put the value down as what I paid for it on eBay.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Knife-nut.The cheapest way to send a knife anywhere is first class mail.You can track the knife by the customs number in the USA.Just state when you send a knife overseas that you are not responsible for any loss and when they but a knife from you they agree to your requirements and give them the customs number as a tracking number .This is your record you have posted the knife.
I have received over 400 knives in Australia and I have never lost one in the mail.Most have come first class mail.
The other way is to send Priority Mail .the flat rate is no better than first class because you can only track in the USA.$23.95

To send just priority mail you can track a knife to the customers door if their country has tracking.this is that pricey starts around $35 plus and you will not sell a knife.
Hope this helps .
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
woseyjales

Post by woseyjales »

knife-nut wrote:Any one here ever shipped a knife to France?
Was wondering about customs and the least pricey method of shipping.
Thanks, Mark.
Mark I haven't shipped a knife France but I'd say any
Opinel shipped there should get thru customs okay.
Least pricey method of shipping is C.O.D. ::nod::
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

Well, I went by the post office today to check the price. When I mentioned that I was sending two knives, the lady behind the counter about had a cow. She told me "We can't send weapons in the mail". I'm thinking OH LORD, I had to get one of them folks. I finally got her to ask the supervisor, and he told her Yes we can mail them. I even pointed out they are miniature knives only about a inch long, but she still thinks they are weapons. It just amazes me the mindset some folks have about knives. ::shrug::
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Knife-nut I wonder what these people use to cut their food with.Maybe they just eat take away because they are frighten to cut them selfs.
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "

Return to “General Knife Discussion”