I know I'm kinda young but...

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

I know I'm kinda young but...

Post by reddirtknives »

I didn't know they used to put the year on price tags... ::woot::
Attachments
It's 1972 now gimmee 6 bucks
It's 1972 now gimmee 6 bucks
year and price.jpg (31.1 KiB) Viewed 255 times
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: I know I'm kinda young but...

Post by TripleF »

My guess is the price sticker was added, along with the year, for selling at a knife show or flea market.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Funny...BTW, good score.

Glenn
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Oh I didn't score it…heck the auction might still be going.but if you look on the package it has the year inked on it by the factory…I just hate stickers on knives…it's a pet peeve of mine they could have put it on the plastic rather than the paper not one sticker but two…and those guys who put stickers on their knives at gun shows and flee markets…what do you do? just walk away? no it's the knife you've been looking for. Do you kindly explain that it's not the best technique for pricing their knives (not to mention the ones who let the sticker cook onto them in the sun) not easy on the knife and not easy on the buyer. Do you pull your hair out? Do you pull their hair out? OR do you just go ahead and offend them buy tearing the sticker off so you can see if something bad is hiding under there??? I know I know you politely ask them if they would mind taking their sticker off so you can see if there is anything that might cause you to not want to own it…(other than the glue) and if it looks good it's as good as sold…oh no a crack between the pin and the bolster….lol I have had that happen to me…I could tell by the look in his eyes he didn't want to take it off and yes…it was baked on there by the sun and even worse, under a thick glass display case…fading and who knows this might have caused the crack as well ::dang::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...

Return to “General Knife Discussion”