lewisburg knife show

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
RobesonsRme.com

Re: lewisburg knife show

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Kathy, at least you knew the ruler was there. I didn't even see it. Focussed on the knife, I guess.

The bone doesn't look so much Robeson as it did in your group photo. The pattern isn't what I thought it was. That's not a recognizable Robeson pattern to me, now.

So, I think No, it most likely isn't a Robeson.

I'm leaning toward Utica.

Get Dimitri to look at the bone. He'll know.

CNoyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Charlie,

The man I bought it from, thought it might have been a Schatt & Morgan? I will ask MB to check it out, thanks!

Kathy :)
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
Sauconian

Post by Sauconian »

orvet wrote:Fran was on good behavior?
Did you check to see if he had a fever? :lol: :lol:

I hope you talked Fran into posting more often on AAPK.
I miss seeing his awesome knives! ::tu::

You guys talk about me as if I weren't here listening ! ::paranoid::

I had a great day even though I went home without a single new knife.

Kathy is a sweetheart and Brett is a good sport, otherwise I might have gone home with a new shiner. They brought a roll of rare and great knives for 'show & tell' ::drool::, and are two more reasons to look forward to the next time. Pa. better watch his back as the leading Pennsylvania cutlery collector ! :wink:

I did miss seeing mikek, galvanic and Chet, but the EPKCA show in Wind Gap on March 17 Is the next opportunity. Maybe even Eric will get a day off from making Canal Streets.

Fran
If it's meant for me to have it, it'll still be there.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

Sounds like I missed a great show. Fran, I have no problem with Kathy and Brett pulling ahead in the Penn Knives collecting field, if I'm not careful, I just might learn something. Nice people with Great knives. Keep on collecting, save a few for me will ya!

BTW, Edw K Tryon had the majority of thier knives imported. Hardware houses and distributors at this time in history were notorious about that. Stamping the blades with thier name. Remember, very few knives were actually made by the name stamped on the tang.

Quiz coming up for those of you that didn't study. ::dang::
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Fran,

Bret & I have such fun with this hobby & all the fabulous people we meet (like yourself!).

I could never come close to the knowledge & research PA has.

Really, I love the Tryon no matter where it was made. ::nod::
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I'm not so much interested in whether Fran behaved or not, but I'd really like to know what he'd just said, or done, to make Kathy laugh so hard.

Kind of reminds me of the day in November, 1969, when I made Martha Raye laugh. I do not recall what I'd said, but I'm reasonably sure it bordered on unacceptable.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Martha Raye At Bu Dop NOV 1969-3.JPG
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:I'm not so much interested in whether Fran behaved or not, but I'd really like to know what he'd just said, or done, to make Kathy laugh so hard.

Kind of reminds me of the day in November, 1969, when I made Martha Raye laugh. I do not recall what I'd said, but I'm reasonably sure it bordered on unacceptable.

Charlie Noyes
I better not say on a family forum.. ::doh::

Martha Raye must have been quite a girl!
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

I got the knife today, that I won in the Keystone blade raffle. It is a beauty, with the bolsters engraved by R.P. Nott. There is a write up of this knife and Ron Nott, in the October 2011 Knife world.He engraved the bolsters on 20 knives for the Keystone club.
Attachments
Case Cheetah engraved bolsters.jpg
Case Cheetah engraved bolsters1.jpg
Case Cheetah engraved by R P Nott.jpg
Case Cheetah engraved by R P Nott.jpg (58.87 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Rusty1

Post by Rusty1 »

Nice lookin Case Cheetah, special engraving gives it a good looking touch. Well done on the win Brett!!

Russell

Return to “General Knife Discussion”