DECEMBER SEVIERVILLE KNIFE SHOW

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
SHAMAN

DECEMBER SEVIERVILLE KNIFE SHOW

Post by SHAMAN »

Anybody know anything about this show? I went to one in Knoxville last weekend and was a little disappointed. A lot of worn out knives at mint prices. Come on....They cant all be a RARE pattern. Not many older knives were sold
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: DECEMBER SEVIERVILLE KNIFE SHOW

Post by philco »

If you are talking about the Parker Show in Dec., I attended in 2009 and thought it was a great show. I found more deals than my limited funds would allow. (Would have gone last year but schedule conflicts prevented it.)

If you approach a knife show with the mindset that it's a chance to see a lot of great cutlery, learn a little, and meet some fine people along the way, and just maybe find a real bargain, then it's a lot more enjoyable. :)

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

You must not have looked at my knives or asked for prices (as most of my knives are unmarked) . I had several older "well worn" Case knives at 10% - 030% of mint price as well as several other brands at similar prices . I had 4 tables near the center of the "hot end" of the tent . The Dec. Parker show should be better (about 10 times as many tables), but it is going "downhill" compared to the shows when Jim was still with us .

Bob R. (RIDGEWOOD CUTLERY)
SHAMAN

Post by SHAMAN »

This show was at the Marriott
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

SHAMAN wrote:This show was at the Marriott
I'm sorry , I thought that you were referring to the Case/Zippo swap meet at Smoky Mtn. Knife Works on July 29-31 . The Spirit of Steel show on Aug. 5&6 is a different story . I didn't do the show because it cost $200 for a 6' table and I would need 4 of them . The prices were probably high due to the dealers trying to recoup their expenses . It would have cost me approx. $1200 to do that show while the one at Smoky cost me $400 and I still just broke even after expenses .

Bob
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

I did the Parker Show in Sevierville last December, 2010. It has always been a good show for me as both a buyer and a seller. Of the shows I have made over the years, I rank it 2nd with only the Oregon Show being better.
Last years show was not quite up to expectations from a sales standpoint. I blame the economy but maybe my offerings were not as good as previous, who knows.
I still rate it as a good show to make, even tho it is a long drive for me.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
SHAMAN

Post by SHAMAN »

Hope to see you there
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

Just wondering did any of you catch the Cumberland show in Crossville?
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
Big Barn

Post by Big Barn »

I attended the Parker show this past June & it was pretty good. I got out of there with 8 knives & spent every penny I took to spend. I do believe the economy & the internet are hurting shows in general everywhere, but this is one of the better ones. ::tu::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”