folding pocket knife manufactured on 8/7/02

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jpsfd133

folding pocket knife manufactured on 8/7/02

Post by jpsfd133 »

Does anyone have any advice on how to shop for a folding pocket knife (case preferably) manufactured on 8/7/02. Can be other makes as well. Thanks in advance!

John
rea1eye

Re: folding pocket knife manufactured on 8/7/02

Post by rea1eye »

Either go to a knife show this spring/summer and talk to a guy who has a load of new knives with
boxes or look on eBay doing the same. It will not be an easy if going thru eBay.

Good luck!

Bob
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

::welcome:: to AAPK, jpsfd133!
So you are looking for probably a new knife that is 22 years old? Case has been putting an actual date on the box of their pocketknives for quite a few years. That said, the actual knife will only have the year of manufacture on the mark side of the main blade. A dealer or knife collector with "new old stock" knives will probably be the only way to come up with an August 7, 2002 dated box. A 2002-year knife will be much easier to find.
I gave each of my children and grandsons a knife that was made in their birth year. Lucky our first born was born in 1973 since 1970 was the 1st year Case knives could prove the actual year of mfg.
Wish you success in your search.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jpsfd133

Post by jpsfd133 »

Thanks!!
ea42

Post by ea42 »

I don't think you'll ever find a knife that was manufactured on that specific date. Even those dated Case knives might have been boxed on that date but certainly weren't made then. It takes days or weeks to make a factory knife as the parts are run in large batches in specific steps from start to finish.

Eric

Return to “General Knife Discussion”