King of the Woods pics

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: King of the Woods pics

Post by Miller Bro's »

Bret888 wrote:It might have? Would there be felt in a compass hole? Doesn't the compass come out, to get accuracy away from the iron?
I just checked a couple scout knives I have with the compass in the handle, there is no felt on the bottom of the hole. So, I would say that the FH I have with the felt originally had the dice in the handle like the one Charlie posted.

Bret, as far as I know the ones with the compass were supposed to be accurate without taking the compass out of the handle to use ::skeptic::

Does your knife have the felt in the bottom of the hole?

I also found this;
AAPK Janitor
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

That is a good find MB! Is that a countertop mat, or a sign or? Do you know what vintage? There appears to be dark felt in the bottom of this hole too. It seems that there were a lot of options, for this one basic pattern of knife. It would be nice to find some "paper" listing features and options.
cato

Post by cato »

great knives !!!!! i think you are right on the felt, for those with dice,
i will check my friends, been a whilel but fairly sure they were on felt
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Bret888 wrote: Is that a countertop mat, or a sign or? Do you know what vintage?
Bret, I got that picture out of Voyles second edition book. I don`t know what it is for sure.

I am now certain that the ones with the felt at the bottom were the knives that held the dice ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

It sold for $850 in 2007.
RobesonsRme.com wrote:Here's a posting on WorthPoint for a Cattaraugus 12839 KOTW with the dice game in the handle that sold on Ebay in 2007.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/r ... woods-dice

Photos below.

Maybe someone with a WorthPoint account can check the selling price.

I'm feeling a bit better, but the inlay is definitely different than that in Bret's knife.

Charlie Noyes
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

That's good info. Now we have to build up the knife fund, in case I find a compass one.
Miller Bro`s wrote:
Bret888 wrote: Is that a countertop mat, or a sign or? Do you know what vintage?
Bret, I got that picture out of Voyles second edition book. I don`t know what it is for sure.

I am now certain that the ones with the felt at the bottom were the knives that held the dice ::nod::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”