KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by djknife13 »

Jim, that was a fine day. Good work. ___Dave
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

djknife, thanks! :)

Yes it was! I only wish all days could be like that. ::tu::

Cheers!

Jim
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Those are all nice Jim. Not a loser in the bunch! ::tu::
I really like the lines of that penknife on the bottom with the dark handles. ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
sakoblade

Post by sakoblade »

orvet wrote:Those are all nice Jim. Not a loser in the bunch! ::tu::
I really like the lines of that penknife on the bottom with the dark handles. ::nod::
orvet, thanks! :D

Here´s another pic for you! ::tu::

It´s Solingen made.

Jim
IMG_8114.JPG
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Found this at Sports Academy ,flung a craving on me.
Attachments
20170210_100506.jpg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Picked up these 2 this morning. The OH has a custom made sheath!!!
Attachments
IMG_8317.JPG
IMG_8318.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Bought two this morning. One is a Safety Award for a Minnesota Mining Company with the owners name on the back and the small town of Marble Minnesota made by Aerial. I love researching these to find the original owners history. The second is a mystery to me so far. I believe it is French but could be English or German and has a wood brace and Vilebro out on the face of the blade. I've seen that brace logo before. I'll post it in another thread to see if anyone knows more than I do or recognizes it. ____Dave
Attachments
gun show feb 2017 003.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dave, that same blade stamp showed up several days ago on the forum. It was described as a "Bit and Brace" stamp. (we always called the tool a "Brace and Bit" ::shrug:: . The knife it was on had a more decorative handle than the one you picked up.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks Phil. Charlie gave me a link to the discussion on the other one. I'm still thinking French (page 305, Levine's Guide 4) but that name isn't in anything I have.____Dave
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Stopped by my favorite junk shop on the way home on a material run and picked up a couple knives. Nothing spectacular in the group but well worth stopping. The large lockback is a JET-AER Corp. No.970 which I used this afternoon to cut fiberglass, The reddish bone Cattle Knife is only marked Solingen Germany on all three blades and 5133 on the front of the main blade. I have no idea who made this knife. The color on the bone is awesome. The black one is an Imperial. The front scale is actually completely clear and the "Be Prepared" shield is sitting on the scale and embedded in the clear celluloid. Looking from the side of the scale, you can see the thickness (about 3/16th of an inch) of the shield. It looks dark from the top. The bottom scale is dark celluloid. The cracked ice Pen is a Pal. All have full blade, excellent snap and near perfect scales.____Dave
Attachments
Bob's shop Feb. 2017 002.JPG
Bob's shop Feb. 2017 006.JPG
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Nice knives, Dave. ::tu::

Here's an old Hammer Brand harness Jack. 3 1/2". buffedalittle .................
Attachments
DSCN5636.JPG
DSCN5638.JPG
DSCN5641.JPG
DSCN5642.JPG
DSCN5644.JPG
DSCN5647.JPG
Joe
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Man, y'all are doing a fine job finding some outstanding knives. ::tu::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

bighomer wrote:Found this at Sports Academy ,flung a craving on me.
I picked up one of those plastic handled Bucks in orange camo that I keep in my golf bag ... comes in handy. Can't beat them for the price ... ::tu::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Picked these up at the NSBC club meeting today, all for about what the WR Case lobster books for. The lobster with the firey pearl and leather pouch is the W.R.Case. The other lobster is an old Napanoch with both blades marked. My guess is that it was pre 1914 imported from Germany when Case was just getting going on their own. The pearl pen is stamped Jaeger Bros. Marinette, Wis., The ivory dagger (circa 1800's according to Levine) is marked Anglo Pacific cutlery Co. Sheffield, and the barrel marked Segerstrom Eskiltuna Sweden. All 5 have age spidering but, execpt for minor sharpening marks on the Swedish Barrel knife, don't appear to have been sharpened. All three pearls are crack free and the ivory has a stabilized crack and a hairline on the back side. The barrel is one of the cleanest, least used and rarest makers I have seen in a long time.____Dave
Attachments
NSBC feb.2017 knives 004.JPG
NSBC feb.2017 knives 002.JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Dave you've been hauling in some nice ones. I didn't pick anything that fantastic up today. But I did get to slip over to the Cave City, KY gun and knife show today where I got to say hello to our very own Mr. Sanders of Sanders knives and Mr Pete Cohen.

I did run up on a local family that is making knives, both blacksmith forged and out of old saw blades with elk antler handles. I bought these three for $60. A little 6 1/4 inch knife forged out of a horseshoe, a hunting knife with a 6 3/4 inch blade made out of a band saw that feels better in my hand than just about any fixed blade I've ever held, and one of their early bowie knives that I just really liked the primitive look of that has a 9 7/8 inch blade. I'll use the big bowie to clear shooting lanes and such.
IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

djknife13 wrote:The reddish bone Cattle Knife is only marked Solingen Germany on all three blades and 5133 on the front of the main blade. I have no idea who made this knife. The color on the bone is awesome.____Dave

Schmidt & Ziegler
AAPK Janitor
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Miller Bro's wrote:
djknife13 wrote:The reddish bone Cattle Knife is only marked Solingen Germany on all three blades and 5133 on the front of the main blade. I have no idea who made this knife. The color on the bone is awesome.____Dave

Schmidt & Ziegler
Wow Miller Bro's, I think you nailed it. Thanks.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Colonel26 wrote:Dave you've been hauling in some nice ones. I didn't pick anything that fantastic up today. But I did get to slip over to the Cave City, KY gun and knife show today where I got to say hello to our very own Mr. Sanders of Sanders knives and Mr Pete Cohen.

I did run up on a local family that is making knives, both blacksmith forged and out of old saw blades with elk antler handles. I bought these three for $60. A little 6 1/4 inch knife forged out of a horseshoe, a hunting knife with a 6 3/4 inch blade made out of a band saw that feels better in my hand than just about any fixed blade I've ever held, and one of their early bowie knives that I just really liked the primitive look of that has a 9 7/8 inch blade. I'll use the big bowie to clear shooting lanes and such.

IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
Colonel, I was pretty happy with what I found and very happy with what I paid, but all but the Swedish knife was a different direction than I usually go. Too much frill. You sure ran away with the deal making skills for the day. That middle one is especially nice. I got the two lobsters for $50 each, the dagger for $100, the Jagger for $30 and the barrel knife for $55. The Jagger bro's started out a few miles from my home before moving to Wisconsin. I'm in Swedish Barrel knife heaven here in Minnesota with all the Swedes and have picked up a number of them over the years.___Dave
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

djknife13 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:Dave you've been hauling in some nice ones. I didn't pick anything that fantastic up today. But I did get to slip over to the Cave City, KY gun and knife show today where I got to say hello to our very own Mr. Sanders of Sanders knives and Mr Pete Cohen.

IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
Colonel, I was pretty happy with what I found and very happy with what I paid, but all but the Swedish knife was a different direction than I usually go. Too much frill. You sure ran away with the deal making skills for the day. That middle one is especially nice. I got the two lobsters for $50 each, the dagger for $100, the Jagger for $30 and the barrel knife for $55. The Jagger bro's started out a few miles from my home before moving to Wisconsin. I'm in Swedish Barrel knife heaven here in Minnesota with all the Swedes and have picked up a number of them over the years.___Dave
Thanks Dave! I agree, the middle one is my favorite too.

I've never seen a barrel knife in person, but have long been fascinated by them. There aren't many Swedes here, just a bunch of cantankerous Scots Irish folk. Lol

That Schmidt and Ziegler is pretty awesome too. Those are fine knives.
Robert E. Lee
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Colonel. Now that I know what it is I checked my records and found out I have two stockman knives by the same maker but they have a bull etch on the blade and Federal shields. I have no idea what roll I have them in or even which safe they are in so I have some more work cut out for me. I knew I say that bull somewhere before. Thanks again. ___Dave
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

djknife13 wrote:Wow Miller Bro's, I think you nailed it. Thanks.
Your welcome ::handshake::
AAPK Janitor
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks to Miller Bro's, the whole family is together. At least the other two I had were marked with the company name and had blade etches instead of the bull shield. I had mislabeled them as stockman knives instead of cattle knives so it took me a little while to locate them. ___Dave
Attachments
Schmidt and Ziegler 001.JPG
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Wade......dude, those are awesome, and so is the price. WOW!!! Do they have a website?
SCOTT

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TripleF wrote:Wade......dude, those are awesome, and so is the price. WOW!!! Do they have a website?
I don't think so Scott. They're just a family from our in the sticks that have started making some knives from what I gather. I can check and see at the next gun show if you'd like.
Robert E. Lee
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Found these 2 today. The MOP is by E.W. HOWARD & CO. Germany and she's righteous!
So is the Robeson but it looks kinds like a piece was replaced......but still epic.
Attachments
IMG_8746.JPG
SCOTT

Return to “General Knife Discussion”