KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
dcgm4

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by dcgm4 »

Great haul, Dave! ::tu::
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Grump01 wrote:Jerry for cryin' out loud, once in a while I try to be polite or politically correct. ::facepalm::
When it comes to politics, "sex screw" - "Chicago screw", same-same.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Here's a little look at some of the haul from Janesville. Top picture is a IXL and a Washington Cutlery. Second picture is a Schrade farmers jack, a Lakeside Cut. and a Kinfolks made by Robeson.___Dave
Attachments
Janesville 2017 close ups 002.JPG
Janesville 2017 close ups 003.JPG
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

The pearls are a Simmons Keen Kutter, a Challange, and a valley Forge jack.
Attachments
Janesville 2017 close ups 005.JPG
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Now Jerry ol'boy of course I care but I'm not known as political correct ::undecided:: got me a Miller with accorn shield and bone scales ::hmm:: and a Camillus long line cub scout.
Attachments
IMG_20170326_152708494.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Dave, even with blades closed it looks like you made a top notch score a few times over. Just the Schrade (Cut Co.) Farmer's Jack is reason enough for rejoicing. It will take some days to fully appreciate all these fine examples.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote:Dave, even with blades closed it looks like you made a top notch score a few times over. Just the Schrade (Cut Co.) Farmer's Jack is reason enough for rejoicing. It will take some days to fully appreciate all these fine examples.
kj
X2!!!! ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

tongueriver wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:Dave, even with blades closed it looks like you made a top notch score a few times over. Just the Schrade (Cut Co.) Farmer's Jack is reason enough for rejoicing. It will take some days to fully appreciate all these fine examples.
kj
X2!!!! ::tu::
I posted a picture on the last page with the blades open but all 12 knives were in the picture and they didn't show very well. Thanks for looking. It's almost as much fun showing them as it was getting them. It always feels anticlimactic just bringing them home and putting them away in the safe.___Dave
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "It always feels anticlimactic just bringing them home and putting them away in the safe."
Yes. That's why i leave new arrivals out, lying around on my desk, dining table, bedside table, etc., all places that i can readily pick one up, handle it, look at it carefully and try to really appreciate the skill and care it took to make it. Until a knife has received at least some amount of appreciation, it seems wrong to put it away in storage.
kj
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Every new acquisition must go through an appropriate "honeymoon" coon fingerin', chicken eyein' period before ever being put up. ::tu::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Tsar Bomba wrote:Every new acquisition must go through an appropriate "honeymoon" coon fingerin', chicken eyein' period before ever being put up. ::tu::
And here I thought I was the only one who did that. It depends on my level of fascination with the knife as to how long it continues to lay here on my desk before it joins the others in "storage".
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

What a great haul Dave. The schrade farmers jack is a dandy, how full are the blades? It looks like it has very little tarnish.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:What a great haul Dave. The schrade farmers jack is a dandy, how full are the blades? It looks like it has very little tarnish.
The tip of the secondary blade is obscured but both look broad and mostly full. ::shrug::
fj.jpg
I am droolin' over that thing.
dcgm4

Post by dcgm4 »

djknife13 wrote:Here's a little look at some of the haul from Janesville. Top picture is a IXL and a Washington Cutlery. Second picture is a Schrade farmers jack, a Lakeside Cut. and a Kinfolks made by Robeson.___Dave
Love that Washington Cutlery jack! ::tu::
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks Guys and sorry about my pictures. I haven't been able to get good pictures since I got home with these. the farmer jack has full blades and I can't see any pocket wear on the scales. The ends of the scales have turned up a tiny bit from the scales and I only noticed that because the color of the bone was so dense and uniform that I was questioning if the bone was composite. I finally saw the bone edge close enough to see it was real. The bone on the Washington is striking on both sides with tan color running through the brown. The blades were cleaned so that was a bummer but it's still a really nice knife. I shouldn't tell you I got the Schrade for $30 but I will because I was pretty happy with the transaction for being at an actual knife show. I expect good prices at antique shops but am a little surprised at the deals that show up at shows some times. Minnesota and Wisconsin are good places to buy knives compared to most of the rest of the country. The Lakeside was $50 and I thought that was good even for a cleaned knife.___Dave
Attachments
Schrade Washington Pic 2 001.JPG
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Great haul, Dave! ::tu:: All nice knives, but I really like the looks of the three pearl knives. Any chance of more pics of those with blades open?
Dan
Dan
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

At supper the other nite one of my sons said last Deer season he lost his Sharpfinger :? Sooooo today I went to a friends pawn shop looking as USA 152's are getting harder to find low and behold he had one in great shape fer under twenty ::ds:: ::ds:: with my newly inherited Muskrat :) :) :D
Attachments
IMG_0427.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Hit a gun show today . No great old treasures but this Camillus model 23 short line (1946 to 1950) was only $5 and the Bianchi knife sheath was only $5 and I needed it for my work carry knife. ___Dave
Attachments
Camillus short line 23 001.JPG
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

DSC03240.JPG
Just thought this was KOOL!!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Miss Joy's gettin' ready for company so I slipped off to big flea market up towards Dothan about the middle of the mornin'. Lots of Chinese crap but very little decent stuff when it comes to knives in this big flea market. I found an old Marine that had a whet rock for sale and asked him where were the knives? He kinda' looked around and said, "I got 3 in the truck, you can't just lay 'em on the table, they seem to grow legs and walk off." He said I think they are all German made.
He pulled out the knives, one was a used Puma, one said "Cherokee Solingen Steel" and the other one he said he wasn't sure about as it was missin' the shield. We made a deal and on the way out at another table, I spotted a badly abused old TL29 type in a box of rusty tools, it was missin' the main blade but the screwdriver and lock were still in place with good snap, had to give a dollar for that one.
As you can see the one missin' the shield is a Case 61265LC, You can hardly read the Case Bros tang stamp with the naked eye. I think the Cherokee must be a Frost/China or something similar ::shrug:: . The whet rock was tossed in 'cause we were both Jarheads :) .
Three lock backs, a junker and a whetrock.
Three lock backs, a junker and a whetrock.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I went to the tulsa arms show today, boy there were some good knives. Too many good ones to get, but naturally I came home with a few.

In the first photo is a 10 dot case barlow, nice and minty. Also this schrade made kk peanut (or maybe you could call it a miniature 294). I bought the kk from Roger (peanut740), he and Ken Daniels shared with me a large amount of knowledge and I am very appreciative of it. They are fine folks and it was a pleasure meeting them.

Second photo is a camillus 70 and kabar 1047. The camillus is a fine hok, will be great to edc and I really like cattle patterns. I don't even know why I got the kabar, it's not what I normally go for but here it is. You can see on the blades how the price was marked, hopefully that will clean off with no fuss.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Picked this Queen 18 at the fleas today.
Winterbottom comp. Blades are full but have 'wrinkles' at the edges.
It'll make a good user.
Attachments
20170401_175530.jpg
20170401_175546.jpg
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Chris,
That's another good one!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Thanks, Phil! Got a couple nice 'uns yourself . ::tu::

Was that Sadies flea market on US 231?
The bride and I stopped there on our way back home.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

You guys made some great finds, I've stopped at sadies flea mkt a few times. ::tu::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”