Bulldog Muskrat knife " abalone swirl "

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
justold52

Post by justold52 »

Item number: 130015632840 on E Bay
What generation is this one?
Is this a good collectors knife?
Sorry but I am just learning Bulldog things from this SUPER site.

Super thanks to Hukk for his input. It realy helps when you come back and add your red pen marks on the photos. ::tu:: 8)
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

In order to tell the generation you would have to see the tang stamps on the blades. The abolone handles were 1st put on in the 2nd and 3rd generation. 91/95 However, muskrats in those generations had the acorn shield predominately. Of course you can see the fighting dogs stamp in the picture. This has been put on a lot of new knives that bulldog has made lately. Given the fact that the knife does not have an acorn shield and the blade tang stamps are not shown I would suspect that this knife is newer, probably made in the last few years. If you could get the seller to show a picture of the blades we could tell for certain. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :|
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

olderdogs1 wrote:In order to tell the generation you would have to see the tang stamps on the blades. The abolone handles were 1st put on in the 2nd and 3rd generation. 91/95 However, muskrats in those generations had the acorn shield predominately. Of course you can see the fighting dogs stamp in the picture. This has been put on a lot of new knives that bulldog has made lately. Given the fact that the knife does not have an acorn shield and the blade tang stamps are not shown I would suspect that this knife is newer, probably made in the last few years. If you could get the seller to show a picture of the blades we could tell for certain. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :|
I think the seller is trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. I just happened to have a Parkers catalog here and that is a 2006 knife, the box should be the black one, I believe. The shield and tang combo give it away as a 2006 3 7/8 inch Muskrat. You can see them in catalog 2006-3, the abalone swirl is not pictured, it had been sold out. All celluloids were made in groups of 20, but OVER 30 CellULOIDS WERE USED. So, over 600 were made. Also, it looks like the seller angled the knife in the picture so that you can not see the Black Laser etch (the one I dislike) on the blade. Olderdogs is 100% correct, as usual, this is a new knife, ask the seller when this knife was made. Parker's sold them for $29.99 to the general public.
Hukk
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Thanks Hukk, That confirms my what my thinking was. I think a lot of sellers, won't mention any names, like to be a little vague about when a knife was made always erring on the more valuable side. Your excellent information nailed it. Thanks :)
justold52

Post by justold52 »

See you TWO are Super guys for this Super site. :roll: :mrgreen:

Is it Bulldog co. that does this just to sell more knifes?
Its a shame that more knife get made then what they say.
It makes me fell like not buying any more Bulldog's. ::barf::
Do all companys do this ? ::tear::
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

No that is just individual sellers for ANY brand of knife. There are some sellers out there that you better know what you are buying or ask someone before you buy. It is the seller in this case.
Hukk

Return to “General Knife Discussion”