my KaBar is from China

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
freebird2009

my KaBar is from China

Post by freebird2009 »

I was in San Diego last week and bought a KaBar lock-back with a skinning blade, black mat blade and black composite handle. I got it at the Marine Corp Air Station (Used to be NAS Miramar), and when I got home and opened the box, the blade was stamped "made in China".

Has anyone else had this? It is still a great quality knife, I just didn't know KaBar was now importing knives from China.

Thanks, Tim
Jingler

Re: my KaBar is from China

Post by Jingler »

Hey freebird; I bought a small Buck knife from ebay once. The buyer did not list the fact that it had "China" stamped on the tang and I didn't think I needed to ask as Buck Knives had the reputation of "Made in the USA" and we were proud to have them here in El Cajon, CA (San Diego County). Evidently, since Buck Knives has left CA for another state, they seem to have also jumped on the junk wagon with some things in their line too.
wildjim

Re: my KaBar is from China

Post by wildjim »

freebird2009 wrote:I was in San Diego last week and bought a KaBar lock-back with a skinning blade, black mat blade and black composite handle. I got it at the Marine Corp Air Station (Used to be NAS Miramar), and when I got home and opened the box, the blade was stamped "made in China".

Has anyone else had this? It is still a great quality knife, I just didn't know KaBar was now importing knives from China.

Thanks, Tim
I purchased several USA Becker and USA KA-BAR knives and one China made KA-BAR Dozier. I am no fan of KA-BAR as "every" knife I got from them in the last two years was blemished or defective, then they sent me another blemished knife for replacement.

Just be thankful that your's is unblemished and or functional : )

Return to “General Knife Discussion”