Jess Crouch Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
meatcutter

Jess Crouch Knife

Post by meatcutter »

I have been trying to find out about a knife I have, that belonged to my grandfather. My grandmother gave it to me about 16 years ago, a few years after grandpa died. She told me it was given to my grandfather by a friend of his that lived in Pennsylvania. I put it in a box until recently going through and cleaning out some stuff. I tried to do a search for information on this knife but can't find out much about it. It does appear that very few of these knives were made. Can you tell me anything about this Knife? The blade has a very deep stamp in it of the name Jess Crouch. The handles appear to be walnut and it has a single blade. It has a metal (I think lanyard ring) in the handle. It has been used but is in good condition.

Any information would be helpful. Or if you know anybody that might be able to help me, I would appreciate their contact information.

I have attached a couple of pictures for those that want to see them!

Thank You,
Steve
Attachments
Picture #1, I'm no photographer so this will have to do!
Picture #1, I'm no photographer so this will have to do!
Picture #2 this is the back side of the knife. Like I said, sorry about the picture quality!
Picture #2 this is the back side of the knife. Like I said, sorry about the picture quality!
Sauconian

Re: Jess Crouch Knife

Post by Sauconian »

Jesse Crouch was a foreman, and long time employee of the Schatt and Morgan Cutlery Co. in Titusville, Pa. Your knife is probably from the 1920's.

I know there is at least one more knife marked like this, maybe two, with the names of other key S & M employees. All are rather rare and very collectable.

Fran
If it's meant for me to have it, it'll still be there.
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

Thats an awsome knife I would keep it if you would't. :P
nifbuf

Post by nifbuf »

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... uch#p19140

Go this earlier site for much more information.
David Clark
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

The information on this thread and on the linked thread nifbuf posted is the stuff that I like best about AAPK. I have learned a tremendous amount about knives in the time I've been coming here. I love to cut up and have fun, but I also enjoy greatly learning something I did not know when I got out of bed this morning.
Thanks for posting this. Good stuff gentlemen. ::tu::

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

WOW!! I'm speechless. Those must be among the rare of the rarest. ::tu::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”