Oldies but Goodies pocket knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Oldies but Goodies pocket knives

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Interesting and varied collection. Since you like the Nehi “leg” knives you might find this interesting. viewtopic.php?p=966889#p966889

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Kimzilla wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:41 am Thanks so much Ken - that was a really interesting and informative read. As it turns out, it is a replica, but you probably already detected that, but I love it regardless :) I didn't know anything about it when I bought it other than it was just fun and a little different. I just love fun little ones, I don't ever buy them because I think they're worth anything, but they are worth something to me because they bring me joy admiring them :)
kimzilla
You summed up in 13 words why people collect.
Enjoy your knives. ::handshake::

The last 13
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

What a great collection! ::tu:: I think that other than Swiss Army knives, the Dick Tracy knife is the first one I've seen with a magnifying glass.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

Nice collection! I own a few of those Western knives as well and one with Lou Gherig, the baseball player. I believe these were mainly from the Novelty Knife Co. which went defunct in 1948.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”