eBay looks the other way.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Luckypaul777

eBay looks the other way.

Post by Luckypaul777 »

Just mention the word ivory in an add; even Mammoth and eBay will pull it. It does bother me to use Elephant ivory even pre-ban; but to prohibit Mammoth is ridiculous. Check this site; that they allow to operate. ::shrug:: Didn't read their description close enough; claims to be Cow leather.

Paul

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROWN-Elephant-Leat ... tsupported
GreatScout

Re: eBay looks the other way.

Post by GreatScout »

I just finished my two week suspension from ebay today... got caught offering to sell military / combat / tactical knives to International buyers. Well, hell, I wasn't just offering, I was selling the heck out of them. Last few months, 60% of my ebay profits have come from International sales.

Yes, Ivory is a problem. I use the term elephant tusk. Works for me.

Faux tortoise shell handled knives has been a long term pain in the rear for we sellers too.

Did you know when you list a knife with a bone handle, you must also state what kinda bone it is?

Ebay has filters to find this stuff, but they also rely heavily on other ebayers to report things.

For god's sake, don't offer ANY knife to buyers in the UK or Ireland!
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

Don't even use ivory to describe the color either. ::dang:: :lol: :lol:
Hukk
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Yep... I've had a few auctions pulled for describing imitation ivory knives ::tired::

That's just the tip of the ice burg concerning my bad behavior on ebay ::disgust:: I get in trouble all the time over there ::smack::
Bryan
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

I recently scheduled for sale an old knife with what was without a doubt pre-ban ivory. They found it on my schedule before I even got it listed and kicked it. I had two others with faux-ivory and I went thru and changed the spelling to 'faux-eyevory'. They listed and went thru without a hitch.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

Return to “General Knife Discussion”