pellegrin knife

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
just bob

pellegrin knife

Post by just bob »

I'm going to post this here because I know there is a limited interest in custom knives. I came about this knife is a larger purchase I made. I really don't collect custom knives at all. I took this knife with me to the Belleville, IL show and spoke with Mr. Pellegrin about it. He remembered making it and told me the story about that at that time he was making custom knives for people and had a person that wanted a knife made that was easy to open and wouldn't break your fingernails on. He said I can make you a knife and set about making one just like this. When he took the knife back to the man he said it was way too sloppy and he didn't like it at all. So back to the drawing board and made this same knife for the man. Of course he said this one was too tight and he didn't like it either. It was that experience that caused Mr. Pellegrin to quit making custom knives and from then on just made a knife and says there it is - take it or leave it. As it turned out on this knife a man standing nearby overheard the discussion on this knife and when the other party had left agreed to purchase the knife from Mr. Pellegrin. I think this is the 39th knife he made and sold it for either $250 or $350 in 2001. You can look at his web site and see he has won best of show awards for his knives.
I would like to trade this for Case or German knives. Any condition, any age, new, used, or even damaged. I would like to get about equal value. This is a little over 3" long.
Attachments
a 1.JPG
a 1.JPG
a 1.JPG
a 2.JPG
a 3.JPG
a 4.JPG
a 5.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
gmusic

Re: pellegrin knife

Post by gmusic »

Bob, nice knife and interesting story. I kinda feel the same way.........here's the knife, if you like it you buy it, if you don't like it..........maybe next time.

I'm going to leave this post here because it is a custom knife and some folks will enjoy it for sure. Now, that is not to say that another mod will feel that way and perhaps move the post to advertisements or trades. You may want to go ahead and copy your post over to those forums for best results.
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.

Return to “Custom Knives”