POLL: Anyone Having Trouble Posting Pictures on AAPK????

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
tjmurphy

Re: POLL: Anyone Having Trouble Posting Pictures on AAPK????

Post by tjmurphy »

I up-load my photos from PhotoBucket and it works every time. You need to upload a file with a .img for it to work, I think.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Have not had any problems with photos for 3-4 years. I do use Photo Bucket on other forums where they charge a fee for posting photos direct. A problem with Photo Bucket is when you remove your pics from there they also go away from your post on AAPK. This sort of sucks when a person is doing some research and the old photo is no longer present.
There is a place where you can elect auto logon.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

I'm wondering what format the camera stores the pictures on with a floppy disc? Is it a .jpeg or an older obsolete format that is not being recognized? I ask that because I can only store 1 picture on a floppy using a 4 Mega pixel camera. Pictures can be reformatted if that is the case.
Hukk
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Hukk,

My 10 year old Mavica uses jpeg. I can store at least 25 pics on one floppy.

As you take pics and delete them you can store less and less, till the disc won`t work anymore. This is the main problem with these discs.

I have had some fail after just a couple weeks of use.

M.B.
AAPK Janitor
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

I've had those damn floppy discs fail right out of the box. :? I still have my old Mavica, but it doesn't get used anymore.

Phil, check the file format. Some programs ( Kodak Easyshare P.O.S. comes to mind) store the pics in their own file formats, (NOT .jpg format) and like Pete said, check the size too. I have no idea what the size limit is for the forum. I use photo bucket for most all of my images.

IF you can't her sorted, email me one of the pics and I'll see what I can figure out.

W
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

MILLER BRO`S wrote:This has been a problem for a long time. I am having trouble posting pictures, and staying logged in! :x
Anyone else having the same problem, from reading different posts it seems I am not alone.
I have contacted Bryan about it. If you are having problems post it here!
M.B.
MILLER BRO`S wrote:Hukk, Wullie, All,
You may have something there. I know I am out dated using a 3.5" floppy, but my old camera takes such good pictures I can`t bring myself to get rid of it! To answer your question yes, I have a dial up internet connection. I also store pictures in "my documents", and if I try to upload from there I have problems as well. Recently I cleaned my computer of all the old junk that usually slows things down, and it has had a good affect. It has helped matters but not cured everything.
I may need to get DSL and a new camera, but will that cure the constant "signin" problem ::shrug::
Thanks to everyone for your help and input ::tu::
M.B.
Staying logged on with a dial up. ::hmm:: Well, that makes me think you have a time out error. I remember back when I used dialup (around 2001) that I had the same problem. I checked the default setting on my modem that I had been trying to send a large 4 Mb file. I finally reset the modem timeout setting to 5 minutes and that solved the problem. The "potential problem" today is that the server that AAPK is on may have a less than 5 minute timeout - it may even be just a minute but that should be enough time if you can get 25 pictures on a floppy because that makes each picture about 56k which is not all that large.

There should be more than one phone number for your dialup from your ISP. Make sure you use as many as you can - local of course. I like to have the dial up set at 115200 as my maximum port speed. It's been a while since I've played with dial up though.

Another thing to check is how much RAM (memory) you are using. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete (same time) to start the task manager and click on the performance tab. I see that I am using 1.31GB and that is 75% of my physical memory. If you go above 75% of physical memory - you eventually lose speed. 90% will present problems! I will be adding RAM soon. All those updates from Microsoft sure add up after a couple years. Since cleaning has helped some this may be an area to look into. If don't have enough RAM - eventually you will be using a section on your hard drive called the page file. You will be very slow because RAM speed is very fast compared to a hard drive that may be turning at 7500 RPM or so at best. On one PC I have SATA (serial ATA) hard drives that run at 12,000 RPM and that is a FAST beast. I built that in 2003 and it is still faster than most of the PC's that you can buy today.

Well, there are a few ideas for a dropped signal. If I can help with this techie stuff just let me know.
Hukk
razor1

Post by razor1 »

No problems to report here ::tu:: I upload mine from a folder in my documents with no trouble whatsoever ::nod:: Razor 8)
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammo! I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here!
junebug

Post by junebug »

had probs all day today ta get my pics up in the tradein' forum!!!! i think 2 or 3 ppl said they had probs last week in the tradein' forum too....?????????????????? ::shrug::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

What's up with the new pixel size this is the first time it has happened to me????Did something change??
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Hey, dogg. If this is what you're talking about, I think I'm pretty safe in saying that's caused by Bryan putzin' around with the software and that's caused by a parameter setting in the forum software. We had a similar problem a few weeks ago when he moved the forum to another server and we had issues with image sizes until he changed it. Relax, he'll get it. ::tu::
Attachments
Image Size Error.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

OK thanx Jerry ::handshake:: I spent an hour trying to change pixels ::uc::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

garddogg56 wrote:OK thanx Jerry ::handshake:: I spent an hour trying to change pixels ::uc::
dogg, try this.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Adog

Post by Adog »

Yes it's not even easy after about 75 min. I did post 2 pictures and I have no idea how I did it . Tried to post some last night and after a hour I gave up. I don't have a computer am using a android phone. Any tips on how to get pictures posted from the phone please let me know what to do. Thanks Adog
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Adog wrote:Yes it's not even easy after about 75 min. I did post 2 pictures and I have no idea how I did it . Tried to post some last night and after a hour I gave up. I don't have a computer am using a android phone. Any tips on how to get pictures posted from the phone please let me know what to do. Thanks Adog
A dog I have noticed in the last few days that I can only post two pics at a time. I think it has to do with the resolution size of my pis. Try reducing the resolution on any new pics you take from your phone. If the pics are already on your phone you may have to resize the pixels on those with a resize app.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Guys, this is a very old topic.
If you notice the OP is May 2009, over eight years ago.
We've changed servers at least twice since then and change the whole operating program as well.

I just uploaded for large unedited pictures have a Camillus Streamline that I need to repair.
If you look close you can see the celluloid is starting to dimple at the prongs near the bolsters. This is a sure sign that the celluloid is shrinking.
I pulled the celluloid off to prevent damage to the knife. These pictures are taken by an eight megapixel camera with no editing. The file size of the first picture is 3.2 MB, the second is 3 MB and the third is 3.5 MB. These pictures uploaded with no problems.
Attachments
20170610_102907.jpg
20170610_103001.jpg
20170610_103020.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

From my Android phone
14973946130641223097926.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I hadn’t really posted from my phone before but it was easier than I thought.
This is the sequence of steps I followed posting from my Android phone.
My phone is an LG Stylo II Plus.

1- Hit the post reply button
2- I posted a line of text.
3- I hit the attachment below the text box.
4- Hit the add files button.
5- Choose the camera icon.
6- Take the picture.
7- Click okay.
8-I placed the cursor below my line of text and pushed the Place Inline button.
9-I press the submit button
Dale
AAPK Administrator

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Adog wrote:Yes it's not even easy after about 75 min. I did post 2 pictures and I have no idea how I did it . Tried to post some last night and after a hour I gave up. I don't have a computer am using a android phone. Any tips on how to get pictures posted from the phone please let me know what to do. Thanks Adog
If you haven't discovered it yet, there is a forum with a bunch of tutorials on how to do stuff like this. It's here highlighted in blue. If you're having trouble doing something, always look there first. If what you're trying to do isn't covered, send a PM to me and I'll try to whip up a tutorial on the subject.
1st Forum Page.jpg
In there is a thread named "Posting Pictures From A Smart Phone".
0) Start Here.jpg
That thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=48561
Try it out.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I have dropped my phone on numerous occasions lately. That could be my problem. 8)
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I cannot get my pictures to load today. I see an 'Alert" ? triangle and when i click on it get this message "Error parsing server response".
Anyone else having this problem today ?
kj
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Apparently the server was down last night. I don't know exactly what happened, I have not had a chance to talk to Bryan yet.
I am on my Android phone and the display is not right in Chrome yet. I need to try Internet Explorer and Chrome on my PC and see if they are working properly. Hopefully I can permission will be helpful to Bryan.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

semroc

Post by semroc »

Dangit still can't post pictures. Can't get em small enough. I hate complaining because it's such a great forum but I gotta show off my old Shapleigh. Lol. Any suggestions? Thanks y'all.
It's important not to think too much about what you do. Lee Marvin
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

semroc wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:10 am Dangit still can't post pictures. Can't get em small enough. I hate complaining because it's such a great forum but I gotta show off my old Shapleigh. Lol. Any suggestions? Thanks y'all.
Yes. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64045
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Pics are a no go for me on my android. ::undecided:: :x
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I seem to be having an issue trying to upload pictures. I keep getting a error that it couldn't verify the dimensions of the image. Anyone else encounter this?

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”