Watch this knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Watch this knife

Post by just bob »

For those who track these type of things watch this knife and see if it is not relisted by Tommygg or another shady seller. Even if you call it as it is this is getting serious bidding. Kind of makes you wonder. Another counterfeit ebay is allowing to sell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOOK-FAKE-CASE- ... SwSlBYwwmN
Attachments
yyyyyyy .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Watch this knife

Post by Dinadan »

Any clue as to what gives it away as fake? The seller says
Oh I was so proud of this knife for years, even showed it my family. This was the pride of my collection for a long time. Even the mothership in Bradford seen pics and stated it was and I quote, "legit".  Then I found out this week that it is a fake ...
If it were mine I would want some serious proof before just wrote it off as fake.
Mel
just bob

Post by just bob »

What I saw was the master blade was new grind. I'm sure there is more. I like the stag but think it is newer stag. I emailed the seller and he said he originally bought the knife on ebay with a group of other knives and didn't think the original seller knew this was a phony.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I'm pretty sure we have seen this knife recently posted by a member and it got the thumbs down from the experts but I have been unable to find the thread. ::shrug::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dinadan wrote:Any clue as to what gives it away as fake? The seller says
Oh I was so proud of this knife for years, even showed it my family. This was the pride of my collection for a long time. Even the mothership in Bradford seen pics and stated it was and I quote, "legit".  Then I found out this week that it is a fake ...
If it were mine I would want some serious proof before just wrote it off as fake.
Pretty obvious fake. Wrong shield for Tested, wrong stag for Tested. As pointed out, wrong grind on blades. Hard to tell from pictures but blades might be stainless - if so thats another wrong.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

gsmith7158 wrote:I'm pretty sure we have seen this knife recently posted by a member and it got the thumbs down from the experts but I have been unable to find the thread. ::shrug::
Greg, is this the thread you are thinking of?

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 91#p556709
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

RalphAlsip wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:I'm pretty sure we have seen this knife recently posted by a member and it got the thumbs down from the experts but I have been unable to find the thread. ::shrug::

That's the one Jerry. I knew I had seen that knife before.
Thanks for finding it!
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

gsmith7158 wrote:
RalphAlsip wrote:

Thanks for finding it!
I'm wondering if that original post from hvacjay is the eBay seller, and that is how the seller learned his knife wasn't legit. Those are the same set of pictures that turned up a few days later as the eBay listing. ::hmm::

hvacjay hasn't posted here since, which is a shame. Sounds like he's trying to be a stand-up guy, although I wish he'd just destroyed the knife rather than sell it. It's now back in circulation where some less honest person can represent it as legit and sell it to another unsuspecting less knowledgable collector.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:
RalphAlsip wrote:

Thanks for finding it!
I'm wondering if that original post from hvacjay is the eBay seller, and that is how the seller learned his knife wasn't legit. Those are the same set of pictures that turned up a few days later as the eBay listing. ::hmm::

hvacjay hasn't posted here since, which is a shame. Sounds like he's trying to be a stand-up guy, although I wish he'd just destroyed the knife rather than sell it. It's now back in circulation where some less honest person can represent it as legit and sell it to another unsuspecting less knowledgable collector.

Ken
The seller is indeed HVACJAY who posted here. He initially contacted me via Ebay and asked me about the knife. I told him it was a fake. I directed him here to AAPK and encouraged him to post it here and get additional opinions rather than just taking my word for it.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”