And one more

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

And one more

Post by galvanic1882 »

Checkout the blades they have 2 different pattern numbers!!! I think the frame might be from a Utica.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252785566404?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: And one more

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Definitely looks odd. Maybe put together from left over blades after Cattaraugus went out of business. ::shrug:: Doesn't look like any Catt shield I've seen.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Interesting. I don't see any obvious signs on the bolsters that indicate post factory alterations. Can you see evidence of being worked-on ?
kj
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, I think its a complete fake too and No tellin where the parts come from. I can also see that BOTH small blades are "Pen" blades,,Why do you need 2 "Pen" blades,,,One is suppose to be a spey or punch or some other type,,BUT Not 2 of the Exact style blades.
Kind Regards
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

I don't usually comment on counterfeit watch, due to the fact that I am vastly inexperienced compared to the regular posters. This one, however, seems pretty obvious to me, and I would like to add my 2 cents worth (which is worth less than that in Canada as we no longer have a penny). To me the stamps all look good. The blades all appear to be Cattaraugus blades, with the large choil, which I had never picked up on before, however, was mentioned by peanut740 in the Honk Falls thread. Pattern number 21479 is an open end jack with bone handles and the blade stamped as such was likely from, or intended for that. The 32029 is the pattern number for a stock knife with a bone handle and the master blade appears to be the right blade for that pattern number. The thing that really jumps out at me, is the shield covering about 25% of the spring pin. Also, the bolster pins are visible in several of the photos. Hopefully, I haven't put my foot into it too deeply.
Dan
Dan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Lots wrong with this one.It is a mess.
Roger
Treejakal

Post by Treejakal »