Blue Scroll Touch Up??

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
buddha19601

Blue Scroll Touch Up??

Post by buddha19601 »

Ebay....tommyg..........$225.00 or best offer...
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Have a Great Day
Bill
zp4ja

Re: Blue Scroll Touch Up??

Post by zp4ja »

Are you asking if scroll etch has been altered?

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

IMHO it looks like a redo. Would rather not have it done to a knife I would
purchase.

Bob
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Can't recall exactly how many blue scrolls I own but around a dozen or more. 7 of which are the swing guard of which 6 are engraved. The scroll color can vary from very "vibrant" blue to more dull and subdued.
Picture lighting really affects the look of the scroll on these knives.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=31450&hilit=Blue+scroll

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Link to knife in question for additional pics. Sellers integrity is discussed often here. Will never buy from him although that knife looks fine from my very brief knife read of awfully crappy pictures as usual with this guy. Price is steep, BIN or not.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BLUE-SCRO ... Ciid%253A5

Jerry
buddha19601

Post by buddha19601 »

That is my question. I have no interest in purchasing it. It happened to catch my eye and when I downloaded the image and began to magnify it the more it looked to be touched up.

Thanks,
Bill
Have a Great Day
Bill

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”