Remington R1366 not R1306

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
RalphAlsip

Remington R1366 not R1306

Post by RalphAlsip »

This knife has some issues in my mind. If this were the real Remington Stag folding hunter, it would have a pattern number of R1306. The pictures of the pattern number stamped on the blade appear to show R1366. The reason these are referred to as "Bullet" knives is because of the use of the famed Remington Bullet shield. There is no shield on this knife. No pictures observed with the Remington Circle tang stamp on front tang.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122199483659?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Attachments
Bullet knife without Bullet Shield
Bullet knife without Bullet Shield
Stamped R1366 instead of R1306
Stamped R1366 instead of R1306
MrBlister

Re: Remington R1366 not R1306

Post by MrBlister »

heres what seller told me

HET

New message from: poppers19 (645Purple Star)
We got the knife as is. It was not re-handled cause if you look closely,, the pins for the emblem are still intact. If I can get an old emblem, you're right. I'd sell it for 3x as much. Someone is selling one for a 1000 and his has cracks and polished too much. Mine is in way better shape. Even before I had it sharpened, the remington etch is not there on the blade. Also, there's a huge difference on bowen r1306 with vintage remington r1306.
Thanks.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

The one picture sure does look like R1366. I don't know what is going on with the pattern number, but the knife looks
right less a shield. It looks like the pins are still on the knife that attached the shield. Stag was not cut out for the shield, which is ok. Looked at a really good one and the shield was on the stag they found a piece that was fairly
flat at the shield location. Nice knife, no shield funny pattern number.

Harold
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Looks like the 100% real deal to me. I think the pattern is R1306 but it has suffered from time. Missing the shield, Great stag!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

If you look very closely at the arc at the bottom of the "0" you can tell it is definitely different from the arc at the bottom of the "6". I'm guessing the stamp was weak and part of it eventually wore to nothing, making it an incomplete "0". It doesn't appear that the two digits were the same when stamped, however.

N.B. I'm no Remington expert, but I am decent at judging arcs/curves. 8)
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

To my eye it reads R1306 no question.

I have the same knife missing its shield, a common occurrence on this model with stag handles. The reason the shield is sometimes missing is because they did not inlay the shield on stag handles like they would on jigged bone. The shield could easily get caught in your pocket and with time the shield would loosen and fall or be pulled off.
AAPK Janitor

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”