TESTED XX SADDLE HORN

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Gatorfleas

TESTED XX SADDLE HORN

Post by Gatorfleas »

Ok guys ckeck it out.....
s-l64-1.jpg
s-l64-1.jpg (1.23 KiB) Viewed 877 times
s-l400-23.jpg
s-l400-23.jpg (32.3 KiB) Viewed 877 times
s-l400-26.jpg
s-l400-26.jpg (32.29 KiB) Viewed 877 times
.....shoot the infoo..fleas
robinetn

Re: TESTED XX SADDLE HORN

Post by robinetn »

It looks too "fresh" (even though it has been cleaned) , however , I think that it is the real deal . It wouldn't be a 54rodgers knife would it ?
Bob
RalphAlsip

Re: TESTED XX SADDLE HORN

Post by RalphAlsip »

gatorfleas, I agree with Bob regarding authenticity. The shield is usually an arrowhead like yours has or a bomb shield. It is difficult to discern from your pictures, but the non-clip blade tip might be re-profiled a bit (but might not). The shield shows pocket wear, but the handles don't seem to show much pocket wear. Likewise the tang stamps show wear or polishing which again conflicts with the lack of pocket wear shown in the handles.

The quality of responses you get to your inquiries could be improved if you could improve the resolution of your pictures.

I have a comparable knife which I believe has the front handle replaced. Comparison pictures are included below.
Attachments
Compare to gatorfleas front
Compare to gatorfleas front
Compare to gatorfleas back
Compare to gatorfleas back
Case Tested XX 62100 Re-Handled no shield
Case Tested XX 62100 Re-Handled no shield

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”