Russell Barlow

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Russell Barlow

Post by just bob »

I've never seen this tang stamp on an old Russell before and suspect this is a much newer blade put into this frame. Looks like the blade has been shaped to fit in the kick and tang area. Has anyone seen this tang stamp before. Old or new? Real or phony? I don't think this is a reproduction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-RUSSELL ... SwyDxXhpmy
Attachments
ccc.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
kootenay joe

Re: Russell Barlow

Post by kootenay joe »

I don't know Russell knives but that Daddy Barlow does not look 'right' for a vintage knife.
kj
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Handle looks right but the blade is fake in my opinion. I have several Russells. Some are genuine and others are modern reproductions.None of them show that stamping. I am open to being wrong. Maybe others will chime in and share there knowledge.
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

I'm definitely no expert on vintage Russell knives but I'd say a complete fake. It looks to have been cold stamped. Look at the E in particular. It is lower than the other letters. The bolster pin has been removed in my opinion, see the small scratch beneath it. Like I said, no expert here but I agree it doesn't look right.
Rick

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”