Three Fine Fakes

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
montemojo

Re: Three Fine Fakes

Post by montemojo »

Now I wonder what are the causes that make one buy a bad knife. Lack of knowledge, impulsive buying afraid the man behind you will buy it before you, how about those that have so much money it just doesn't matter to them they will buy whole lot. It is kind of an addiction I like it. Besides theres no hangover

Monte
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Monte you are correct. Knife collecting can be addictive for some of us. When the power goes out here it is often for 12 hrs or more. I start feeling a little anxious and restless as i cannot look for knives on ebay or read about knives here. It is not as intense as withdrawl from alcohol but the basic unease is much the same. And as you say there is no hangover, but there can be a 'hole in the wallet' that becomes debt. However you do end up with a knife to enjoy and possibly sell at a later date to recoup at least some of your money. It is not all 'passed' and flushed away and your liver remains healthy.
kj
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

KJ, your email was received. I am currently having withdrawals due to the lay off at the truck parts manufacturing plant that employed me. We dont have power outages like that to much in this part of the country. I used to work for the power co til my knees went bad. We went all over east side of the country fixing powerlines. Some people would be without power for over a month and they would become quite irate to say the least.

Monte

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”