Worse than a soup sammich?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Owd Wullie

Worse than a soup sammich?

Post by Owd Wullie »

::rotflol:: Miller Bro's "rope cutting style knife"
Bid on this beautiful and rare Antique/Vintage "Miller Bros. Cut Co. Meriden Ct." 1872-1926 one blade folding Rope knife. This Large Rope Cutting Style knife has some of the most beautiful smooth bovine handles that i have seen on a knife. The blade is full and has been cleaned and snap both ways and half stops. Knife measures 4" Long Closed and has German Nickel Silver bolsters and brass liners. If you love antique knives this is one for your collection. A hard to find pattern with rare blade that is in excellent condition. Fast and Safe Shipping. Thanks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-Bld-M ... 1865766312?

Consider the source.
Attachments
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Worse than a soup sammich?

Post by peanut740 »

Without looking I would say our old buddy Tommygg101 been at it again.
Roger
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I don't like the looks of that bone at all. Pitiful!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'd have no clue if it were real or fake.

The amazing thing is, he's "allegedly" tricking ONLY pros, because newbie knife collectors don't buy stuff like that, they buy Schrade OT's, scout knives, you know.....stuff from when they were kids.

Looks like an original to me.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Scott, you forgot to mention my favorite knives........ cheap.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

TripleF wrote:I'd have no clue if it were real or fake.

The amazing thing is, he's "allegedly" tricking ONLY pros, because newbie knife collectors don't buy stuff like that, they buy Schrade OT's, scout knives, you know.....stuff from when they were kids.

Looks like an original to me.
It's an original alright. ONE of a kind made by the seller for the express reason of making a few $$ selling a phony POS.. ::td::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”