Russell "Scout Knife"

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
RobesonsRme.com

Russell "Scout Knife"

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I know little to nothing about Russell Cutlery Company knives, but I suspect I might know enough to call El Toro Poopoo on this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Russell ... Swl9BWJFI8

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Russel Scout Knife.jpg
Russell Scout 2.jpg
Russell Scout Knife 3.jpg
Russell Scout Knife 4.jpg
Russell Scout Knife 5.jpg
Russell Scout Knife 6.jpg
Russell Scout Knife 7.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Russell "Scout Knife"

Post by knifeaholic »

Yeah I saw that one too. Not a style that Russell ever made as far as I know. Russell in addition to barlows stuck to pretty simple jack and cattle patterns, navy rope knives, and some small equal end whittlers.

Interesting though, the frame/handles/shield look to be from an original old knife, but I have never seen a scout knife by any manufacturer in that serpentine style.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
RobesonsRme.com

I'm thinking the frame and handles might be German. The shield, bail and blades probably added.

Although that shield looks to have been nicely imbedded. Wonder if those pins actually go through the liners?

Two blades marked and two not.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Another Knife Collector

Post by Another Knife Collector »

I once owned the same knife, and if I recall (might be a fuzzy memory) mine seemed quite original and was a four line camillus.
-Phil
Another Knife Collector

Post by Another Knife Collector »

I no longer own the knife but I found an old photo of it so we can compare.
Attachments
Camillus Scout.jpg
-Phil
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Another Knife Collector wrote:I no longer own the knife but I found an old photo of it so we can compare.
Thanks for posting that - its a nice old Camillus, unique with the serpentine frame and the clip master for a scout pattern.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
RobesonsRme.com

I've never seen that pattern knife before. Assuming the Camillus to be authentic, then that is most likely the maker and pattern from which the "Russell" arose.

I still don't think Russell made the OP knife.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”