DR KNIFE

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
CANTHOK

DR KNIFE

Post by CANTHOK »

Ha guys, is this for real? Nail pull looks to not be right--The tang stamp looks suspicious--the "C" touches the A on the tang stamp-----????
thanks
Attachments
s-l500.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: DR KNIFE

Post by btrwtr »

Hard to tell from the picture provided. I don't see anything other than it looks cleaned.

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Didn't Case sometimes make a long nail pull?

Anything else suspicious about the knife ?

Bob
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

THE THING THAT LOOKED OUT OF PLACE, TO ME, WAS THE NAIL PULL WAS NOT PARALLEL TO THE BLADE SPINE AND THE TANG STAMP XX TESTED DON'T FIT THE TANG AND IS SOMEWHAT CRUDE LOOKING. THE "C" TOUCHING THE A IN CASE IS CHARACTERISTIC OF SOME OF THE FAKE KNIVES YOU GUYS HAVE FEATURED ON COUNTERFEIT WATCH.
FRED
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

The knife looks good to me with only a partial picture to go by. It has been cleaned like Wayne said.

Larry
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

The knife looks authentic to me. Good point about the stamp. I really wonder if you had the stamp under magnification and had the knife in hand, would the letters actually touch? These are old knives and this knife has certainly seen the wrath of the buffer applied liberally. It is hard to tell what parts of the knife including the tang appeared like in its original state. I will say that of all the tested knives I own the letters do not in fact touch on any of them. As I have learned from the folks on this forum, reading the knife and then the stamp is probably the best policy. ::tu::

Tom
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

From what I can see the knife is OK.

Harold
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

I AM HAVING TROUBLE POSTING PICS ON MY COMPUTER. GO TO CASE TESTED KNIFE ON EBAY AND LOOK AT THE DR. KNIFE TOM HAS FOR AUCTION. COMPAIR THE TANG STAMP TO THIS KNIFE I HAVE POSTED. THERE YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO. TOM'S IS THE REAL DEAL.
FRED

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”