Case 6380 Whittler

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Case 6380 Whittler

Post by just bob »

Jigging and color sure looks off on this. Quite a price and will probably go even higher.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-CASE-XX-63 ... 2808346c9b
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Re: Case 6380 Whittler

Post by just bob »

Forgot the pic. It's early here.
Attachments
aaaaa.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I saw that stinker too Bob. In my experience with collectible knives I have yet to see red bone Case with a Tested stamp that I thought was legitimate.

Tested stamp + Red Bone = No.

Not saying that it couldn't happen because I've seen too many exceptions to supposed rules. That said, this knife is no exception but an outright fake. Looks better than some of the fake 6380's out there but far from cigar. Scratched up stainless blades with no patina or corrosion, looks like a stainless steel divider, concentric jigging pattern side to side and top to bottom, weird nail nick on the small clip blade.

Someone is going to buy a real expensive line weight.

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
wlf

Post by wlf »

That knife looks like one of the green bone fakes floating around a few years ago,but someone has made the handles look somewhat better with dye. They were stainless too.

For a long time it was said that pattern was not made in the Tested era.That consensus seems to have changed over the years.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

We may have thought they were finally gone, but these things have a way of hanging around long after they've been identified as fakes. Seems like these never go away. They just keep changing hands.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272096149469?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”