Case Foling Hunter one for the books

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Case Foling Hunter one for the books

Post by just bob »

Obviously this knife was built one pc at a time. Has wood handles that are broken and called bone. A newer master blade that is stainless from a 5165. The spay blade is carbon from a 6265 SAB. In spite of the obvious condition issues the seller calls it Rare (it is in this condition), vintage, knife looks absolutely GREAT, beautiful--chunky--high quality knife, beautiful bone scales, rich deep patina. A nice addition to your collection--in COLLECTOR'S condition. Then doesn't want you to miss any of their other listings by saying. I am listing several excellent VINTAGE KNIVES for auction this week. Rush right in. This knife may be worth $20 as a user but let's hope this is too easy to spot and doesn't draw crazy bidding.
Attachments
aaa.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Re: Case Foling Hunter one for the books

Post by just bob »

“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Bob,
The Kabar mother of Pearl he has listed looks like cracked Ice to me as well. Might just be the Rich Patina. Maybe he was absent in knife college the day they covered handle materials. On the positive side he is a good writer.

Tom
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

He also has a knife that is in a Marble's sheath that is not a Marbles made knife. Just putting it in a Marble's sheath does not make it a Marble's knife.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RARE-MA ... 5678befa07

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Same seller who recently offed this Challenge Cut Jack... I asked him about the pivot pin as a test (having not even seen this post so was unaware of him) - he told me it was flush and he didn't know what I was talking about - in fact he guaranteed me it was flush with bolster in his message :lol: ... he said it was never replaced and is original... He's on my short list of "no way" - the list which seems to be growing ::disgust:: ... and never wasted my time bidding nor will in the future... oh btw - huge crack on back handle was described as a small tight pin crack...

Here's the photo:
Challenge Pivot Pin.JPG
and the link to knife which sold for about $80 with shipping...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1910-RA ... 5678bfd1a8

:roll:

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”