Barlow tool kit?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Beardlord

Barlow tool kit?

Post by Beardlord »

Picked this up at a garage sale. Can't find it anywhere on the Internet. I'm no expert but i assume its a counterfeit. There are no markings on any of the attachmattachments except the blade which reads stainless China on one side and stainless on the other.
Attachments
IMG_20150701_135541099.jpg
olderdogs1

Re: Barlow tool kit?

Post by olderdogs1 »

Beard lord,
First let me say welcome to AAPK. Second the tool knife in question is not a counterfeit. Items that are faked are done so for profit . The fact that your knife is marked China would eliminate it as a counterfeit as knives made in China normally sell for minimal prices compared to domestic brands. We're it marked Case, Napanoch, or another name brand then it could have been faked, but the China stamp says you have exactly what it says it is.
Hope this helps.

Tom
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I have seen this Barlow name on a number of different promotional items usually marked with a brand or company name. They are not expensive items but rather give away promotional premiums for advertising purposes. That said I think any multi attachment tool kit like this is a cool find. Interesting piece.

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

When I first started selling advertising specialties back in 1997 I remember a catalog that featured all knives. Even though I was only carrying a VIC SAK back then, I remember "that" catalog.

The name of that catalog was BARLOW. ::nod:: When I started dabbling in flipping knives about 5 years ago I cam across a knife in which the shape WAS NOT the standard barlow shape, rather the cheaply (China made) knife carried a stamp of BARLOW. I immediately flashed back to the Barlow catalog and the light went off ::idea::

I bet you found an item from the advertising spcialties (promotional items) world that was offered in that BARLOW catalog. ::nod::

Hope that helps.....
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Beardlord

Post by Beardlord »

Thanks for the welcome and the replies! Now that i have a lead maybe i can find more about this kit. When i first saw it i thought "wow this is cool I've never seen something like this". Now it keeps getting more and more interesting. I think i may have a new hobby :)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome to aapk. If you keep dabbling with knives the "new hobby" will lead to an obsession real quick. But we wouldn't have it another way!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

[quote="Beardlord"]When i first saw it i thought "wow this is cool I've never seen something like this".quote]
I say this all the time, there are an AMAZING number of variations of ways to make a knife...Welcome to AAPK from another new-ish member. Insert random multi-tool knife pic....Imperial-branded
Attachments
P7030085.JPG

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”