Case Muskrat

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Case Muskrat

Post by just bob »

You're not given a really good picture on this but it is enough to see that things aren't right. Already 9 bids? What are they looking at?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-USA-Mus ... 2edee43b0a
Attachments
aaa.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Phin Spencer

Re: Case Muskrat

Post by Phin Spencer »

Bob; The first bid might have been for parts, but the rest ::shrug::
for sure no one who knows what a Muskrat is!
Pnin
Gatorfleas

Post by Gatorfleas »

That is the problem bob they are not looking....If everyone would spread the news about AAPK to everyone knowledge is power....my wife is always getting on me about looking at knives on ebay...and i explain thats how u learn...look at knives...then go to AAPK and learn about them...but it is worth tons, compared to buying s bogus knife....and probly most all of us have in the beginning....and thus why we have to learn...and that's all i got to say about that!!!!! D.R.
XxTestedxX

Post by XxTestedxX »

This is a clear cut example.

I try not to scare myself into believe everything is fake, obviously there are knives that are absolutely bogus, but if you get hung up on small details.. like "this whole knife looks perfect...but the pin is brass not silver.." and declare the knife fake, you might just get consumed into hunting fakes and lose enjoyment out of being so suspicious.

There many times when Case knife "authorities" don't agree on the authenticity of a knife. who wins that battle?

I only say this from personal experience.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Just checkin' this thread out and realized the OP was over a year ago and wanted to see the pictures of the knife. But a 2nd look at the existing picture the warning light came on, Muskrats have 2 blades but at opposite ends. I think this "bolsters" the fact that as we follow AAPK, we certainly learn to look at knives in a more critical way. (How do y'all like that "knifey" word I used in the last sentence? 8)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Treefarmer you ain't sneakin in some night schoolin in that retirement of yours are you?
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”