Myrtlefaye

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
tjmurphy

Myrtlefaye

Post by tjmurphy »

I noticed that Myrtlefake has a new batch on Ebay. Put a couple in my watch list until I noticed who the seller was. So, be on the look-out.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Myrtlefaye

Post by btrwtr »

Yeah TJ. Just when you think he is gone he's back like a bad penny. I saw his junk postings as well. Oddly enough he does have a few knives that look right but I refuse willingly to put my money in a crooks pocket. I wouldn't bid if he were selling the holy grail.

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My sentiments exactly Wayne. ::handshake:: I saw a few of his new listings over the past coupe days and some actually look legit. But I'll not be bidding on them, or anything else he offers. Not that it matters much - there's enough bidders on his questionable wares that they somehow, fakes though they may be, sell for more than I'm willing to spend anyway. Even on a good knife.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
warblerjim

Post by warblerjim »

I noticed his ebay auctions as well and immediately noticed that, though there were many different brands, they all seemed to have similar tang stamp characteristics. Some letters seemed to be stamped deeper than others in the same word. Some words varied in deepness of letters from right to left and most of these tang stamps just seemed to have a relatedness about them as though they were all done by the same person. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an expert. If anyone sees any counterfeits or frankenknives, let me know just for the sake of definition. If you see any legits, let me know also. Only collecting for 3 years; this is my first post. Need to learn more. Thanks!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK, warblerjim!

Does ol' Myrtle have any of those sweet looooooooonnnnng pull beauties? ::oh_my::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

warblerjim wrote:I noticed his ebay auctions as well and immediately noticed that, though there were many different brands, they all seemed to have similar tang stamp characteristics. Some letters seemed to be stamped deeper than others in the same word. Some words varied in deepness of letters from right to left and most of these tang stamps just seemed to have a relatedness about them as though they were all done by the same person. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an expert. If anyone sees any counterfeits or frankenknives, let me know just for the sake of definition. If you see any legits, let me know also. Only collecting for 3 years; this is my first post. Need to learn more. Thanks!
This seller is known here at AAPK for his blatant counterfeit eBay offerings. He sells way more bad knives than good to the point that I question even the knives that look plausible.

You are correct about your suspicions of the stamps. Very few are legitimate. The rounded corners on the end points of letters are a giveaway that they are not genuine. Old stamps should have the letter ends squared off, not rounded as on his fakes.

Notice how so many of his knives have the same blades regardless of the supposed manufacturer? Notice haw the blades all have the same rough glazed finishes?

This seller will disappear from eBay long enough for him to cobble up more of his fakes and then reappear.

Here is a link to his current offerings. http://www.ebay.com/sch/myrtlefaye/m.ht ... 7675.l2562

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

It amazes me that this guy has 100% Positive Feedback and is well.......just amazes me how one guy can regularly fool so many people over and over and over and over......

That's just heresay.....I've never dealt with the guy.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

warblerjim -- Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
wlf

Post by wlf »

Good to have you join us Jim.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..warblerjim, welcome to AAPK!!!!................ ::tu:: .............
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

I wonder where he gets the bone handles from. Really nice looking jigging and good colors. I can't seem to locate bone handles that I really like, from most of the suppliers. :?

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”