Case tested 64045R

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case tested 64045R

Post by btrwtr »

As far as I know Case never made this pattern with a long pull master blade. This knife has the all too familiar coarse glazed finish that is common on many counterfeit knives. Master blade looks to be in much better condition than the other blades or interior surfaces of the knife.

Every now and then this seller surprises me with a knife that looks almost legitimate (this is not one of them) but I have no interest in buying anything from him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Case-Te ... 20f2fb2d2c

Wayne
Attachments
6445a.JPG
6445b.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case tested 64045R

Post by peanut740 »

Wayne I agree with you.I avoid even looking at the listings of this seller and the handful of others.I normally can tell before I open the listing by their photo that is posted.If I do open it I don't look long. ::td::
Roger
Jdub

Post by Jdub »

Look at his completed listings!this guy just keeps on selling these crap knives,and what's even more amazing is people buy them.Do you think it's that they don't know any better,or just don't care?I just can't understand it!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I've looked at a lot of scout knives over the years. Right off I can't recall ever seeing one with that master blade in it. I'm confident that it's not original to the knife and I'd even go so far as to say I highly doubt it even came out of a scout/utility knife at all.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Main spear blade is a fake replacement, the rest of the knife appears to be authentic.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Over 2,000 sales with 100% feedback ::shrug::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

AS I UNDERSTAND, THE GUY WITH THE FAKE CASE TESTED 64045R IS PAST PRESIDENT OF "'NATIONAL KNIFE COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION "?????----FROM KENTUCKY. BLOCKED ME FOR CALLING HIS HAND ONE OF HIS MANY FAKES.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

CANTHOK wrote:AS I UNDERSTAND, THE GUY WITH THE FAKE CASE TESTED 64045R IS PAST PRESIDENT OF "'THE KNIFE COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA"?????----FROM KENTUCKY. BLOCKED ME FOR CALLING HIS HAND ONE OF HIS MANY FAKES.
What's that? ::shrug::
Roger
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

CORRECTION: NATIONAL KNIFE COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION
SORRY
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Are you sure about that?

What's his name?

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I'm waiting for someone to confirm, deny or retract the allegation that a past president of the NKCA is selling fake knives by the dozens on Ebay.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
CANTHOK

Post by CANTHOK »

I HAVE HAD MANY EMAIL CONVERSATIONS,WITH HIM, ABOUT HIS FAKE KNIVES. HE CALLED-ME-DOWN FOR ACCUSING THE PAST PRESIDENT OF THE NKCA OF BEING ONE WHO WOULD SALE FAKE KNIVES. ASSURED ME THAT THESE KNIVES WERE THE REAL THING BECAUSE THEY WERE PUT TO GATHER WITH ORIGINAL CASE PARTS. HE NOW LIVES IN FRANKFORT KT. I DON,T RECALL HIS NAME. DID CONFIRM THROUGH ANOTHER KNIFE TRADER FROM KY. THAT HE WAS IN FACT A PAST PRESIDENT OF NKCA. IF YOU HAVE A LIST OF THE PAST PRESIDENTS, LOOK FOR ONE FROM FRANKFORT KY. HE BLOCKED ME FROM EMAILING, BIDDING OR COMMENTING ON HIS KNIVES.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Well, that's disappointing, to say the least.
I guess I could say I'm skeptical of his claim, but that's about 50/50.
If true, he should never have been elected to the position and Board members should have prevented it.
Thanks.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Well, here are all former NKCA Presidents.

James F. Parker
Jim Sargent
Col C. J. Hyde
Bob Cargill
Peter Cohan
Clarence Risner
Perry Miller
Gary Kennedy
Lisa Sebenick (current)

Parker is deceased, Sargent is no longer in the knife business other than just a collector, I'm sure Cargill isn't building fakes in his spare time. Risner's health is iffy, and has too large a reputation to be selling fakes on the side. I'm not sure if Hyde is still alive or not. And I speak with Sebenick quite frequently, probably 5-10 times a year, and she is not skilled as a knife maker.

I don't know much about Cohan, Miller or Kennedy, but I still can't fathom any of them doing such a thing. It takes a lot of reputation and work and knowledge to be voted into position of President of NKCA, why would any of them jeopardize their name to make a few bucks off Ebay? I believe Perry Miller owns a few different knifemaker trademarks and has knives made by Great Eastern for his lines.

I'm not saying I don't believe you Canthok, but I would need to hear from more than 1 reputable source that a past NKCA Pres was making/selling fakes before I put any faith in it.
Carl B.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Rookie, as far as I know Jim Sargent is still selling knives. I see him twice a year at Tulsa. Very nice person,
and willing to help the collectors. I have purchased a few knives from Jim. Hope to see him in April.

Harold
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Yes, he is a true gentleman. He is good friends with my grandfather, and I've shook his hand a number of times over the years. I know Jim is still a collector and buys/sells occassionally. What I meant by my previous comment is that he no longer focuses on his blade etching business, or writing price value guides, or creates new knives under SarCo Cutlery tangstamp.
Carl B.
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

The position mentioned here is one of HIGH RESPONSIBILITY
and each man that has held it is of STRONG CHARACTER ..
Doubtful that goof was ever president of anything
besides his cell block in reform skool...
And if he'll lie bout a knife, he'll surely lie bout his credentials.

kindest het.....
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I have been told the individual was a "self-appointed" "president" of the NKCA after Perry Miller resigned.

I don't know the chronology of events, but I think Gary Kennedy was elected.

I've also been told the fakes this guy is selling are from the Counterfeit section of the collections of The National Knife Museum.

I trust my source on this.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Charlie, I know that after Perry Miller stepped down, there was a temporary fill in President for about 4-5 months until they had the election and Kennedy was elected. I assume this must be the person, but I will not mention his name here. No point in spreading rumors.
Carl B.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I know who that was, but I do not know where he lives.

I'm not sure if that is who my source was referring to. There is another possibility.

Tommygg lists home as Frankfort, KY.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”